PDA

View Full Version : 5g tank??

pandafishowner
10-22-2006, 06:21 AM
anyone have a 5g tank setup? i need a quaratine for my female betta. shes been beat up on by my guppies but i don't have anywhere else to put her. i've got about $20 cash right now. i'm in dover and don't have a vehicle but can toss in some change if you can deliver. PM me if you've got something.

G1GY
10-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Why not just put it in a large container? They can live for years in a cup.

pandafishowner
10-22-2006, 07:25 AM
um, no fish should live in a cup. bettas can live for a long long time under the right conditions. i want a suitable sized quarantine tank for my fish so i can get it back to healthy and then put it back in my tank. i don't want it in a tiny container my kids can knock over regardless where i put it.

G1GY
10-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I wasn't suggesting that you house it in a cup. I was just saying that any container would work for a QT for a Betta. Also keep in mind that they are labyrinth fish and don't require the perfect water conditions that other fish do.

pandafishowner
10-22-2006, 06:50 PM
no, i realize they don't, but it's always best to have a regular QT tank anyway, and i don't have one anymore. so if anyone has a 5g tank, let me know please.

Bob I
10-22-2006, 10:22 PM
I have a five gallon tank sitting around. Unfortunately I am in Creston BC for a week or two or three, and cannot get it to you right now. You could have for free if I was there.:sad:

pandafishowner
10-23-2006, 12:56 AM
I have a five gallon tank sitting around. Unfortunately I am in Creston BC for a week or two or three, and cannot get it to you right now. You could have for free if I was there.:sad:

if you don't mind, can i take it when you get back??

Bob I
10-23-2006, 05:01 AM
if you don't mind, can i take it when you get back??
Sure, no problem :biggrin: