PDA

View Full Version : WTB cleaner shrimp for ich

marcingo
10-21-2006, 05:56 AM
Hi im looking for a cleaner shrimp. Does anyone have one I could buy. I have 2 new clowns(bought today, have ich today) and I dont have a qt tank ready so I wanted to get rid of it the cleaner shrimp way. If you are willing to sell one let me know

Thank you.

kellehar
10-21-2006, 06:06 AM
where did you buy them ? maybe contact the store for selling infected fish as they should have qt them before selling. Also have some Ich meds thats reef and coral safe should be enough there to treat your fish if you want it.

Justin

marcingo
10-21-2006, 06:48 AM
Sounds good. I will call them (it was little oceans) Because I mean I bought the fish today and they didnt have ich at all but now have a lot.

kellehar
10-21-2006, 06:53 AM
hmm brians pretty good about stuff like that. Im sure he'll help you out or come to some kind arrangment with you.

saltaddict
10-21-2006, 07:17 AM
You might want to read up a little more on Marine Ich. Cleaner shrimp will not cure Ich. Just a heads up.

marcingo
10-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks. Well from what I read cleaner shrimp will take the ich off the fish. I realize they wont eat free swimming ich or stuff thats not attached but shouldnt it eventually get all the ich off the fish?(I guess thats just my logic behind it that if the ich keeps getting eaten it will soon dissappear)

Der_Iron_Chef
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Like peppermint or skunk shrimp? I know Gold has plenty.

RicePaddy
10-21-2006, 04:21 PM
I am looking for Cleaner Shrimp. Who in Edmonton has some in stock?

Will

TRS
10-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey Marcin,

You might want to contact Neal (aka Howdy20012002) within the Vendors Forum of this board. He generally has Cleaner Shrimp and several other inverts.

HTH

marcingo
10-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Thank you. Will definitely look into it.

Black Phantom
10-22-2006, 12:46 AM
The only thing that will happen is that the cleaner shrimp will get ich and probably die as well.
QT your fish or find someone that can do it for you. You don't want to infect your main tank.
If you have already put them in then I suggest trying Kick-ich. It's ok on your corals and can usually handle a mild outbreak.

Bob I
10-23-2006, 05:03 AM
The only thing that will happen is that the cleaner shrimp will get ich and probably die as well.

Not really, shrimp cannot get ich, only fish can.

QT your fish or find someone that can do it for you. You don't want to infect your main tank.
If you have already put them in then I suggest trying Kick-ich. It's ok on your corals and can usually handle a mild outbreak.

Farrmanchu
10-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Like peppermint or skunk shrimp? I know Gold has plenty.
Skunk Shrimp are Cleaner Shrimp. Peppermints do the Aiptasia thing, but also clean fish at night sometimes.

EmilyB
10-23-2006, 05:20 AM
I've yet to see clowns being cleaned by cleaner shrimp. They are usually so hardy as to avoid an ick outbreak. I'd concentrate on your tank parameters.

howdy20012002
10-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I agree Emily
something is wrong within your tank IMO.
Clowns are very durable and hardy and rarely get ICH.
something is affecting their health.
have u tested your parameters?
check your Ph...newer tanks can have low Ph quite easily until they are truly established after a few months.
Not trying to sound condescending or anything BTW, just trying to help.
Neal

marcingo
10-23-2006, 03:13 PM
I think I may have gotten too worried to fast. What appeared to be ich might now just be sand granules attached to their slime coat. I swear it looked like ich :) But thats for the help and advice everyone.