PDA

View Full Version : Frags???Member Input???

UnderWorldAquatics
10-10-2002, 01:23 AM
How much interest would there be for frags of all kinds of corals, and single mushrooms, on a retail level??? And is there any interest in small clams of various varities??? What would "You" like to see available to you??? Bulk macro algae for tang feeding??? What species of tank raised fish would you want and buy???

Thanks for your Insight...
Kyle

Aquattro
10-10-2002, 02:04 AM
Kyle, frags would depend on price. The most I would pay for a frag is about $15, for a decent size frag. Some exceptions would apply for rare or "special" specimens.
Clams--how small is small? Are you talking bulk baby clams for growing out, or "pet" stock? Small often means difficult to raise for the first little while. Again, price is a factor.
Macro algae might be a good idea...you could look at different preparation methods (frozen, dried, etc).
I think every person will have a different type of fish they would like to see, so that should depend on what is financially viable to you.
Of course an "arrive alive" type gaurantee would be considered a must.
Snails, hermits, etc are always nice to have also. Cerith breed like rabbits!!
Lots of ideas you can explore. Try to look for something the other guys don't have. For example, Jayson has a frags for $15 (10+) sale which is a great deal. Can you afford to match/beat that? All 3 westcoast mail order stores have clams at really good prices. Can you be competitive?
I guess it comes down to what you can afford to sell and make it worth your while.

Bryan
10-10-2002, 02:05 AM
Big interest from me. I much prefer to buy or trade frags because the survival rate is much better than colonies yanked from a reef.