PDA

View Full Version : Group Order / Impulse buy @ fragfactory

Matt
10-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I got carried away with myself and put together a fantasy-basket at the frag factory this afternoon. Somehow, when the time came to just close the window and reflect on the wonders of the cool frags, I clicked on "continue" and bought them. Hmm.. I'll be looking to split/re-frag and perhaps re-sell some of this stuff... Plus side? No shipping fees.

Rare Pencil Stag
Orange and Yellow Zoo
Fluorescent Red with Green Acanthastrea(RARE)
Teal Rodactis
Rasberry Red Paly
BlueBerry Zoos
Hypnotic LPS
Blue and Green Paly

Group Order? Make it known to Mike and maybe you can jump on my shipping freedom... Just be quick!

FragFactory
10-16-2006, 03:58 AM
You;ll love your pics. The blueberry zoos are the most spectacular zoos I have laid eyes on. When I got back from Fiji and Carl showed them to me my Jaw just dropped..

We're aiming to have your order shipped for Wednesday delivery.

Mike

Matt
10-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Hey, thanks for the flood of PMs everyone! We'll get them in, have a look at them and decide what we're keeping and what can be fragged. Then we'll send PMs to others about availability.

It looks like Mike is amenable to group orders, per his Calgary post, so (since I've already popped the free-shipping bubble) if you want to add something in, feel free (but do it quickly, please). I'll PM/email Mike to confirm I'm ok with that. Pay him directly if you do.

Matt

Edmonton Eskimo
10-16-2006, 06:33 AM
I would like to get in on this order. I would like some blueberry zoos as well!

Matt
10-16-2006, 08:51 PM
The more the merrier! I don't feel such a fool if others are as quick to part with their money as I am! I wasn't clear earlier - if you're planning to join the order, contact fragfactory directly, choose your items from them, and pay them directly.

FragFactory
10-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Lets aim to get Matt his Corals on Saturday so please get your orders in by thursday..

Mike

Matt
10-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Three more days of waiting? ARGH. It's a good thing I love you guys.

Beverly
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Matt,

WOW! Looks like you picked all the really great frags :biggrin: You're going to have to invite us over once the frags settle in so we can finally see your fabulous reef :)

Matt
10-18-2006, 05:06 AM
Matt,

WOW! Looks like you picked all the really great frags :biggrin: You're going to have to invite us over once the frags settle in so we can finally see your fabulous reef :)I'm especially excited about the blue zoos. I hope they're as fabulous as advertised! Our little reef is not-so-fabulous, but it is recovering... someday you'll have an excuse to come by, I'm sure.

Salinity Now
10-19-2006, 04:55 AM
Mike I have sent my order in. Matt pm commin your way.

Thanks,

Terry

Matt
11-23-2006, 05:27 PM
I have had a disappointing run with my FF order. One zoo went missing entirely (either disintegrated or disappeared). The green pencil stag is very unhappy, and the acan is MIA also.

The blueberry zoos, which were so intensely blue in the photos are better described as light blue, but they are very interesting. These are the success stories, as they have already demonstrated some dramatic growth, with 7-8 young polyps.

I'll post some pictures eventually, but overall, I am saddened.

Anyone else have better results?

Beverly
11-23-2006, 05:55 PM
I had an overall success rate of about 70% with our zoos and palys. The ones that did survive are pretty nicely coloured and are growing well. I think the problem in our tank was that water flow was too low in the areas we placed the zoos, though one frag did disintegrate like yours. This could also have been a water flow issue, though.

howdy20012002
11-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I lost a few colonies complete or parts thereof in the last couple of weeks in one of my tanks...
they disintergrated into a white fungus type material and bam..gone.
I talked to my supplier about it and he said to increase water flow..(zoos apparently like lots) and to suction off the dead or dying zoos to save the rest.
Not happy about losing so many..
Still so much to learn.
It is just too bad that the lessons cost much damn money..lol
Neal

Matt
11-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Mike is a champ - great customer service! I posted a bit of a disappointment, no intention of setting blame to them, and he stepped right up with a PM.

Thanks, Fragfactory!

Salinity Now
11-24-2006, 04:37 AM
All of my coral that I purchased are doing fine. The only exception is the monti that I purchased that is in Mike's avatar. It is taking waaaaaaaaay toooooo loooooooong to colour up. It's still a beige colour, with blue polyps that just don't want to open up? I'm sure it'll just take soooooooooome moooooooooooore tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime. :sleeping:

Edmonton Eskimo
11-24-2006, 05:10 AM
I have very good flow in my tank and one of my zoo frags is dissintegrating. The other ones are all very nice. I had this happen to one frag from the last order I got as well. All other frags are doing very well. An 80 percent success rate is pretty good.

FragFactory
11-24-2006, 05:59 AM
Glad to hear your frags are doing well :)

Mike