PDA

View Full Version : Would like to put clowns in my nano

Bob I
10-09-2002, 04:20 PM
I am posting this here because it is not that busy. I am in a bit of a quandary. I would like to downsize a bit before very long. I am running a 33 with only my clowns and a few corals. I really want the clowns in my other cubelike 33, but it contains that pesky almost three year old Cleaner Wrasse, (who picks at Feather Dusters), and Cleaner Shrimp. I am thinking of moving the clowns and the anemone to my 10 gallon nano for awhile since they seem to need very little space, giving me some time to decide what to do with that wrasse. I would have to sell off that big Colt, and probaly that Green Mushroom rock. What do you guys think about the clowns in that nano for awhile. BTW I can supply much better lighting in there. :?

AJ_77
10-09-2002, 05:01 PM
Bob, what's going on? Didn't you just finish UPsizing?? (BTW, I call DIBS on anything you're selling...) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where is ButtUgly and the clowns going long-term, both into the other 33?

Cheers,

Alan

Bob I
10-09-2002, 05:21 PM
I am downsizing, because I am preparing for summer when I plan to be away again. I am also downsizing because I do not want to use all that electricity, and buying bulbs etc.

The clowns and ButtUgly would probably prefer the other 33 because of better lighting, and I like to watch them. I don't want them behind me.

I would then try to sell that 33 gallon setup. :D :D

I have begun the preparation by moving that big Colt into the other 33, and some polyps are now in the nano. So there is a very good chance I can move ButtUgly and the two Ocellaris clowns into the other 33.

I can then begin the process of shutting down the 33L. BTW there is a ton of volunteer Halimeda in there. It can use a new home. :D

reefburnaby
10-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Hi,

10 gallon with what types of clowns ? If it is the regular ocellarius or percula, then it should be fine. I wouldn't add any more fish though....the bioload might be too much for the little tank. You could always have a nano with a mega sump...but that defeats the fun of keeping a tiny nano. Something like a Tomato or Maroon...I would think twice...they get really big.

Hope that helps.

- Victor.[/code]

Canadian Man
10-09-2002, 07:13 PM
Sounds like Bob is turning into me!
"I MUST DO SOMETHING"
:P :D :P

Bob I
10-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Sounds like Bob is turning into me!
"I MUST DO SOMETHING"
:P :D :P

I don't quite get what Jonathan is getting at here,but,

Here is an update.

ButtUgly (hereafter known as BU) and friends have been moved into the 33 with the MH lighting.

http://www.therockies.com/rcipema/ugly1.jpg
http://www.therockies.com/rcipema/ugly2.jpg

Please note the big Colt in the background. If you look at my site where there are other pictures of it, you will see it looks completely different. t In the other tank it was lit by olde PC lamps. In this tank it is lit with 15000K MH. :) :)
Actually an hour later the polyps have extended further. :oops:
I really hope it decides that the spot I put it in is acceptable, as one of the powerheads in not fully covered.

AJ_77
10-10-2002, 05:18 PM
You should try to sell the 33 with the sandbed intact, Bob. Will you keep it running until you find a buyer? I know how fast you move when it's tank-swappin' time! :)

Alan :D

(You don't know what Jonathan is GETTING at?! Hello?!?)

Canadian Man
10-10-2002, 05:22 PM
What I ment by what I said Bob, was that it seems like you are oftern setting up new tanks, taking down tanks, wanting to sell tanks.

:wink: :D

Bob I
10-10-2002, 05:24 PM
You are right Jon I am bad for that. I think everything is fine, then I change something. :wink:

As to selling with sandbed intact. I do want to do that. I have already moved the clowns and BU., and the Colt. Other stuff will go into the nano. I will then decrease the lighting, and put it up for sale. Actually it is for sale now CHEAP? :D

Delphinus
10-10-2002, 06:01 PM
Please forgive my poor memory, but, what are the dimensions of the 33? Is it the standard 33 footprint (30x12 or 36x12 something like that?)

I need to put a refugium onto my 75g. I'm not sure what kind of space I have for one though. A 33g would make an awesome refugium (I'm just not sure at the moment that I could fit it. I'll have to take some measurements).

thanks

Bob I
10-11-2002, 01:29 AM
The footprint is 36x12, and the other measurement is 18". Would that make a h**l of a refugium or what?

Delphinus
10-12-2002, 05:30 AM
Totally! Wow, would it ever.

How soon are you looking to unload this? I'm going to have to see if I come up with some kind of creative plan, to allow me to fit something 36" in where I would want to shoe-horn a refugium.

Bob I
10-12-2002, 03:33 PM
Totally! Wow, would it ever.

How soon are you looking to unload this? I'm going to have to see if I come up with some kind of creative plan, to allow me to fit something 36" in where I would want to shoe-horn a refugium.

The short answer would be "immediately", but that would be unrealistic. I am in the process of moving the inhabitants elsewhere, so the tank would for all intents and purposes be empty later today. I am going to leave it run to keep the sandbed alive. I want to get rid of the whole setup, because if i piecemeal it, I will get stuck with stuff. :D

Delphinus
10-12-2002, 06:32 PM
I don't think I can be ready for it realistically for another couple weeks minimum. I just have too much other stuff unfinished right now. (Sorry!) I recommend you don't wait for me, if you get a chance to unload it sooner, please go ahead.

Bob I
10-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Okay Tony. The tank is now mostly empty, and idling. Nothing really in it except all that Halimeda, and one piece of cabbage. Just waiting for a buyer. I have placed an ad in the buy and sell. We will see what happens. :D