PDA

View Full Version : T5 light combination

cvrle1
10-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Hey,

I was doing a lot of reading, but can't decide on what combination of T5 lights to use. It seems that each company has different naming convention for the same bulb so that confuses me even more. I have 4 34" HO bulb system over a 33 gallon tank. I would like to keep softies, LPS and SPS corals (not sure which ones yet) and maybe a clam down the road. I know that I would be able to do this with the setup I have, but as I mentioned not sure what the best combination of bulbs would be.

Also, should I buy bulbs locally or should I go with internet.

Thanks for the help.

kwirky
10-14-2006, 07:16 PM
I've got 3 aquablue+'s, 1 white (flourescing bulb), and 4 actinic+'s, and the par's a little too bright to put any LPS or softies in the top half of my tank. I'm thinking of swapping out one of the whites with a pure actinic, allowing me to put some of them higher up.

don't know If i'll be keeping SPS myself, since the aggressiveness of the corals I plan to get first. I like large polyped corals, because of the water movement ;)

Reefer Rob
10-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm running 3 blue+ and 3 aquablue over my 72 gal bow.

Not sure if I prefer 4 aquablue and 2 blue+, but my wife definately likes the 50/50 look, so that's what we run :wink:

SPS, LPS and softies throughout the tank

kwirky
10-14-2006, 08:38 PM
SPS, LPS and softies throughout the tank

what are the main corals you've kept in the tank? they do well together?

Reefer Rob
10-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Switched to T5s in May. Since then I've added acropora, pocillopora, montipora, and I'm now trying a maxima clam. Seems to be doing well.

Still have all the old of LPS- euphyllia, caulastrea, etc as well as zoos and shrooms.

For a picture of my tank as it is now check out my member gallery