PDA

View Full Version : Where buy carbon cartridge for Kent RO/DI unit in Calgary

wayner
10-08-2002, 09:08 PM
Where do you buy carbon cartridge for Kent RO/DI unit here in Calgary, also, I know the water is very hard in Calgary, so how long before you change you carbon cartridge?, my understanding is that if chlorine gets to the membrane, it can ruin it.

Thanks

Canadian Man
10-08-2002, 09:17 PM
I have not personally picked one up from any where other than j&l
but Western pump, Home Depot, Revy all have them but I would recomend Western Pump.

I change my micron filter and Carbon @ 6 months periods.

wayner
10-08-2002, 09:20 PM
Thanks Jonathan!

Canadian Man
10-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Your welcome :)

TANGOMAN
10-10-2002, 09:38 PM
I've found Revy was the cheapest however I didn't check Western Pump recently. There's a big price and I believe a big "adsorbtion" difference between carbon and "GAC. Am I correct ? I've always opted to spend a little more and get GAC cartridges.

Canadian Man
10-10-2002, 10:57 PM
As far as I know my TFC( i think this is the term) membranes
require a carbon block filter.
I don't know the reason but i believe the water is forced to go through the block which removes the chlorine which would otherwise damage the ro membrane.

If using GAC then some of the water might make it through with out comming in contact with the carbon.

Just my guess :?

EmilyB
10-10-2002, 11:03 PM
Western Pump didn't have any 5 micron cartridges when I was there today.

I went back and scavenged through Petland's sw discounts, and scored a 5 micron carbon block for $7.

They only had one however.... :(

I don't imagine anyone local carries the DI cartridge that anyone has seen ? Pisces has the carbon blocks but I didn't price them there yet.

TANGOMAN
10-11-2002, 04:04 AM
Big Al's doesn't carry the DI cartridges. I checked there a few months ago. I'll buy your theory on the Carbon block Jonathan but hey, you should see some of the stuff I've bought over the years...

TANGOMAN
10-11-2002, 04:05 AM
Big Al's doesn't carry the DI cartridges. I checked there a few months ago. I'll buy your theory on the Carbon block Jonathan but hey, you should see some of the stuff I've bought over the years...