PDA

View Full Version : Water Meter consumption

Chin_Lee
10-09-2006, 03:57 AM
OK I just got my Utility Bill and its not looking good for me being on the water meter program. So i'm looking for people to put down some stats on how much they are using for their tanks. This is definitely a part of the hobby where bigger is better.....
If anybody else is willing to chip in their information, lets look at the following criteria for water consumption on your utility bills:

# of days: 125
Consumption: 158 cubic meters
# occupants in household: 4
Tank volume: ~ 300g
Sewer and water rate cost: $143

clipperfish
10-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Well I do have it cheaper ,I live in apartment (ground floor of course ) .I even have free heat and hot water . but i do buy 105.5 g a month from thritys food store (RO) .It cost me about $75.00 amonth . I do wonder if a RO machine would be cheaper . Tank size is 130g

Veng68
10-09-2006, 07:04 AM
Are you using RO/DI unit? If so......... go to straight DI resins & learn to recharge them. No waste water.

Or you can get a really long hose & get water from me ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

vanreefer
10-09-2006, 07:23 AM
definately worth buying a RODI unit... for 2 months worth of questionable water (most supermarkets rarely change their ro membranes) you could have a RODI unit at your door... worth looking into

Well I do have it cheaper ,I live in apartment (ground floor of course ) .I even have free heat and hot water . but i do buy 105.5 g a month from thritys food store (RO) .It cost me about $75.00 amonth . I do wonder if a RO machine would be cheaper . Tank size is 130g

DanG
10-09-2006, 03:01 PM

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Aqua-Safe-Pure-Water-Shop_ACCESSORY-ITEMS_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ5QQftidZ1QQsclZ0QQtZk m

Buy one of their systems asap, $75 a month is crazy to spend at a store on water. If you get the cheap kit, it should be just over $150 cdn by the time tax, shipping and exchange are in. That's 2 months and it's paid for, plus you will be getting better quality water.

StirCrazy
10-09-2006, 03:06 PM
OK I just got my Utility Bill and its not looking good for me being on the water meter program. So i'm looking for people to put down some stats on how much they are using for their tanks. This is definitely a part of the hobby where bigger is better.....
If anybody else is willing to chip in their information, lets look at the following criteria for water consumption on your utility bills:

# of days: 125
Consumption: 158 cubic meters
# occupants in household: 4
Tank volume: ~ 300g
Sewer and water rate cost: $143

how much of that is for your sewer? I pay 60 bucks every 3 months for water. and it didn't change when I got the tanks.

Steve

Chin_Lee
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
water rate is about 46 cents and sewer rate is about 53 cents so just a little over 50% (about $73) is sewer rate and about $70 is water.
so that sounds about right at $70 for water.

kwirky
10-09-2006, 10:32 PM
I have a 120 gallon, and my water and electricity runs me about $50 a month. I reuse my waste water in the washing machine, so it's not really much of a waste.

I forget the rate per 1000 liters, but water worked out more than electricity.

i have crabs
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
im not shure my exact numbers but my bill is about $85 every 2 months with 2 people and 1-150g, 1-130g, 2-67g and 2 7g's

Tom R
10-11-2006, 02:19 AM
I am not sure exactly what my water costs. I do know that I use more than my share. One of the benefits of living in a strata is, that in my case 73 other strata owners help pay for my excessive use.

Tom R

Chin_Lee
10-11-2006, 05:02 AM
I am not sure exactly what my water costs. I do know that I use more than my share. One of the benefits of living in a strata is, that in my case 73 other strata owners help pay for my excessive use.

Tom R
oh crap Tom. Wanna make some RO-DI water for me?? :biggrin:
maybe I should move to a strata complex when I'm about your age :mrgreen: