PDA

View Full Version : Micro Bubble Mystery

Richard_Dicosimo
10-08-2006, 11:50 PM
I have a hammerhead pump on an ocean motion 4 way that is then plumed to 8 holes in the bottom of my tank for a closed loop. One of the 8 outlets is producing micro bubbles. I have tried putting extra PVC glue overtop of any joints and the bubbles are still there.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Richard

Ruth
10-09-2006, 12:18 AM
That is exactly how I have my closed loop except the outlets are in the back of my tank.
Sorry I can't help you as I don't have any bubbles and never have. Is there any way that you can close that one outlet with a ball valve and see it the bubbles are still there?

Jason McK
10-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Could it be possible that a PVC joint isn't 100% air tight. Try wrapping all joints with electrical tape. Add the tape one by one until the bubbles go away.

What is the plumbing from the 4-way to the outlet. Could be a ball valve, Union or joint

J

BTW what drum are you using. I'm using type 3

Tarolisol
10-09-2006, 02:45 AM
I have a similiar set up but a dart instead, i have micro bubbles as well and have never been able to get rid of them compleatly. I have tested ever PVC joint and still havent stop them. Maybe it is the OM 4way that produces them?

Richard_Dicosimo
10-09-2006, 03:04 AM
it cant be the om that produces them. i have 4 outlets open at all times and of the 8 outlets total only 1 has micro bubbles. when i close the ballvalve they stop, But theres nothing i can do so far to the joints to stop the bubbles.

any other ideas other then pvc glue or duct tape? think silicone would work??

Richard

Tarolisol
10-09-2006, 03:14 AM
You could wrap the pipe producing the micro bubbles in serane wrap and ducktape over that at all the joints and see if that help. Or wait till the insides of the pipes slime up and that mine stop it.