PDA

View Full Version : SPS + electircity= RTN

vanreefer
10-07-2006, 03:16 AM
Well... as I was reaquascaping my tank all of my SPS collection were in the sump with a clip on light providing some sort of light for them... my wife accidentally pulled on the cord while opening a drawer in the desk beside the tank nocking the light into the tank... it was in there for maybe 5 seconds... an hour later as the displyb was in shambles and at about 75 degrees I finally got the temp up to 78 and put the corals back into the tank... the water in the sump was murky and most of the corals were bleached BIGTIME some of the smaller frags appear to be OKish but all of my collonies are in RTN

Corals I lost
Large pink mille, large yellow mille, Large Bubblegum acro, large purple bottlebrush acro, large Bali Slimer, Huge orange cap, Large purple cross, Large blue tipped stag, large strombus staghorn, leng-sy cap frag, yellow and green humulis

Touch and go corals
Pink table frag, Cali tort frag, green mille frag, a. efflo frag

PS Jesse once I save up some $$$$ I'll be callin for more frags :lol:

Ah well you just gotta suffer sometime to appriciate what good things you have

PS anyone have any experience with electricity and coral survivability?? opinions or experiences would be welcomed

Cheers
Dan

kwirky
10-07-2006, 03:36 AM
no GFI? no grounding probe?

vanreefer
10-07-2006, 03:39 AM
not on the light unfortunatly... had a powerbar plugged in from the other side of the room...

Tarolisol
10-07-2006, 03:55 AM
Its doesnt feel good when people get electricuted so i assume it would be the same for corals. Sorry to here maybe some will resurect.

kwirky
10-07-2006, 04:30 AM
yeah that's ****y... sorry to hear dude.

Anything different you think you're going to do this time?

Chin_Lee
10-07-2006, 04:42 AM
sorry to hear dude. thats a big loss of acros. aren't you lucky you haven't come by to get that blue milli? Now you can :lol:

Jason McK
10-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Oh Crap man sorry to hear that, Isn't that the second time you've lost....

J

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-07-2006, 06:41 AM
Dang man. I'm glad I got a chance to see them a couple of weeks ago, but dang. Not really stocked with sps so I can't really help you restock. Sorry.:(

Anthony

vanreefer
10-07-2006, 05:26 PM
First time was a tank I broke while drilling it.... Thanks for the offer... I'll take you up on it once the RTN stops... Pink table gone today :(

Oh Crap man sorry to hear that, Isn't that the second time you've lost....

J

christyf5
10-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Aww that sucks. Luckily I've only dropped a light into the refugium and my freshwater tank so far. No casualties, except for the lights :wink: .

props
10-08-2006, 03:29 AM
hey how 'bout you drop by and we'll try to get most of the corals replace @ say $5/frag??

vanreefer
10-08-2006, 06:12 AM
Thanks Jesse !!

hey how 'bout you drop by and we'll try to get most of the corals replace @ say $5/frag??

props
10-08-2006, 06:16 AM
want some green bali slimer?? http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon10.gif

vanreefer
10-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Nah... there is still a piece at OA
want some green bali slimer?? http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon10.gif

sumpfinfishe
10-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey Dan sorry to hear about the loss that really bites :sad:
In this fragile hobby $hit happens far too often!

Hopefully some will bounce back, I would probably frag what survived if you still see signs of poor health.

Also take Jesse up on that offer cause he was in OA last week and picked up 3/4 amazing pieces :mrgreen: