PDA

View Full Version : Bugs report

titus
10-08-2002, 03:51 AM
Hello,

Since the server migration and board software changes, there have been quite a few bugs coming up. All users and messages have been transferred succesfully over though. So no worries on that one I guess.

A few things we found are:
1) removal of Avatars
Please re-set them in your profile
2) incorrect time
Fxed but there's still half an hour of time difference due to server's setting
3) change of displayed names
The new board doesn't allow seaparate login and handle and I've changed a few names already. If you want to have yours change to the way it was on the old UBB board, send me an e-mail.
4) incorrect URL with bad handshakes when changing password
An incorrect server port was set but it's fixed now. At least I guess so.
5) chat doesn't work properly
Will look into that.

If there are additional troubles or problems, please post them here. I promise I'll try to fix the problems as soon as I can. As of right now, I've been up a few nights to work on this board and another new board during off peak hours, missing meals, and not revising on my thesis (yes my supervisor finally sent me his comments and looks like I'll be defending this November, well... that is if I revise the thing), so I'd like to take some a few days off to concentrate on the other stuff. As far as I know, there are no users unable to register, post, or reply. But if there are any problems impeding anyone from carrying out normal forum activities, please e-mail me and I'll fix it asap.

Titus

EmilyB
10-08-2002, 05:22 AM
5) chat doesn't work properly
Will look into that.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

titus
10-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Hello,

Fixed.

Titus

AJ_77
12-28-2002, 06:01 PM
Login window is halfway down the page (need to scroll to get to it). Anyone else have this problem??

Alan

AJ_77
01-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Only me then???

:?

BC_Grl
04-15-2003, 08:58 PM
No, I have that problem too. Just didn't think to mention it- except to curse when have to scroll down to sign in :confused:

christyf5
04-15-2003, 09:08 PM
We all have that problem. Thats why we created #canreef on Xnet.

C:)

BC_Grl
04-15-2003, 09:29 PM
sorry I misread it.
You even have to scroll down to log-in for PMs etc. I wasn't thinking of chat room log-in, but other log-in pages. Blonde moment.

Delphinus
04-15-2003, 09:29 PM
What's your screen resolution or how big do you have your window?

I never log out so I never had this problem. However I just tried logging out and back in, and I noticed that the login screen is at the bottom of my browser window. But I didn't have to scroll down. Maybe that's because I'm viewing at 1280x1024? I don't know.

Anyways, food for thought. Maybe we need to try logging at at lower resolutions to notice this. What's a common frame buffer footprint these days?

AJ_77
04-15-2003, 10:09 PM
What's a common frame buffer footprint these days?
:question:

Should I know what a "frame buffer footprint" is?? You programmers... Typical screen resolution these days is 1024 by 768, though, if that's close to an answer.

Delphinus
04-15-2003, 11:14 PM
Um, yeah, what you said. Whatever you call it. Sheesh, you web designers trying to act all not geeky and stuff, making fun of my programmer words. My feelings are hurt now!!!

Anyways, I just resized my screen to 1024x768 (Ohmigawd look at the size of them pixels AAAIIYYYEEE!!! :eek: ). The login screen was at the bottom of my window, but I still did not need to scroll down (although any further down and I would have ... the "Login" button was partially below the bottom edge of my browser). But my browser window was nearly the entire size of my whole screen (it was not maximized, but it may as well have been).

Anyways, Titus, if you're out there .... there you have it... it seems the login screen are still too low for some people. Is there any way to move the login fields up higher on the login screen?

StirCrazy
04-16-2003, 01:26 AM
if possable it should be set at a % of the hight not a fixed pixel count.. this way it will resize acordingly to any screen resolution.

Steve

titus
07-27-2003, 03:30 PM
Hello,

There's also a link on the sidebar just above the Moderators' links for logging in and out.

Titus

StirCrazy
07-27-2003, 04:41 PM
I think he ment the window that you type in Titus, when some one runs a resolution of say 800x600 then you can see the chat part of the window but you can not talk because they typing box is off the screen.

Steve

Gujustud
05-03-2005, 02:30 AM
General Error

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed [64.34.105.68]

DEBUG MODE

Line : 164
File : smtp.php

titus
05-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Hello,

Issue fixed.

Titus

nickb
05-09-2005, 12:27 AM
The default fonts are much smaller on the new page. The fonts for the 'recent posts' colum look to be about 5 point. The menu chooses on the left side are also much smaller. It might be my browser but other sites show good font sizes. Just FYI.

titus
05-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Hello,

I have adjusted it to a fixed font size (previously not) to the same size as the left side bar in the forums. This is because the fonts didn't have a uniform size if the browser's font size is set to anything but normal. I think this is the common font size used on most search engines too.

Titus

nickb
05-09-2005, 01:39 AM
The thread titles in the 'last 10 posts' list is a much smaller font than shown on the left side menu (at least on the home page). The left side menu font gets smaller when you move to the BB or this posting page. They are much smaller fonts than on other web pages I use, almost to the extent of being unreadable on my browser (either IE or Firefox). BTW, my font selection in the browser is set as 'medium'.

Willow
05-09-2005, 01:47 AM
looks completely readable to me and im here everyday looking at this site.

nickb
05-09-2005, 01:51 AM
Anyway I can take a 'snapshot' of my web page to send to you to show what the font size is?

muck
05-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Anyway I can take a 'snapshot' of my web page to send to you to show what the font size is?
CTRL + ALT + PRTSCN. Then paste into Word or any image program.

nickb
05-09-2005, 02:27 AM
It's not a great image but this should show the font sizes I'm talking about. BTW, this is my first picture posting so, if I got it wrong, please let me know:
http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/828canreef-med.jpg?3691

titus
05-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Hello,

Fixed.

Titus

nickb
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I know I'm being picky, but something in between the current font and the previous font would be better (if feasible), especially if others were having no trouble with the smaller font.

titus
05-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Hello,

There is nothing in between, I only increased the font by 1px.

Titus

nickb
05-09-2005, 08:49 PM
That 1px change made a huge difference in displayed font size (see this screen image: http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/828canreef1-med.jpg?7362).

Could it be the font itself? Perhaps it is one which doesn't 'scale' well.

If there isn't anything else, I would vote to return to thbe previous size rather than this one.

titus
05-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Hello,

Are you turned off because of the extended length taken up by the Last 10 Posts? I thought the new size on the left side bar is much easier to read.

Titus

medic_eva
05-10-2005, 05:54 AM
Don't know if it's just cuz i have a mac, but when i press the box to stay logged in, and i come back later, it makes me log in everytime. So the stay logged in isn't working for me. [/i]

EmilyB
05-10-2005, 06:40 AM
oh, a mac......

:razz:

scotchy
12-11-2005, 04:50 AM
How do I add an avatar? The edit avatar screen does not allow for a custom avatar. I can't find anything else that relates to avatars in my user cp. What am I not seeing here? Thanks.

Scott

christyf5
12-11-2005, 07:05 AM
When you click on your user CP to the left sidebar has a "edit avatar" option. You should be able to link to a url or upload your own avatar. I just checked your profile and you do have a photo in there of a squirrel I think?? I don't know why it isn't appearing.

scotchy
12-11-2005, 07:30 AM
In the edit avatar option it does not give me the option to link to an avatar the only option I have is "do not use an avatar". I can not de-select (is that a word?) it. I put the gopher in the profile pic using the edit profile picture option as I thought that would be the same thing as an avatar, but it was not. I must still be missing something somewhere else. Thanks.

Scott

StirCrazy
12-11-2005, 04:03 PM
there is no banner at the top of the page when I am typing this just the red X showing the pic isn't working

Steve

christyf5
12-11-2005, 04:30 PM
Scott, send me the link to your avatar and I'll see what I can do. I don't know why it isn't showing up as it shows in your profile. :confused: Weird.

scotchy
12-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Hi Christy. I tried to pm you but your inbox is full. I beleive the adress for the avatar is http://www.saskreef.ca/forums/customavatars/avatar5_2.gif
Hope this helps.

Scott

christyf5
12-12-2005, 02:48 AM
Should be fixed now

scotchy
12-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Sweet. Christy you rock. Thanks a million.:)

Scott

mr_alberta
12-16-2005, 02:46 PM
I can't search with the word "tank" in the query. All I get is an error 500, internal error. Anyone else having this problem?

Murminator
12-16-2005, 05:32 PM
I can't search with the word "tank" in the query. All I get is an error 500, internal error. Anyone else having this problem?

I tried it for ya Harv.... didn't work for me either

titus
12-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Hello,

Thanks for bringing that up. Will investigate.

Titus

tsakin
12-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Hi.

I tried to reset my password and couldn't get it to go. I was able to complete the first step and got a email with a link to reset my password. After clicking on it I was supposed to get a second email with my reset password. Never got it.

Username: Midgetwaiter

Kronk
08-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Problem with private message box... when i am looking on the forums it says i have a new PM when i go to look at it is doesnt show a new one and the total # of PMs is lower than shown when i am not in the PM box... i am sure i have a new one as i am waiting for a reply. What admin do i msg about this thanks.