PDA

View Full Version : 6 line wrasse

1bigstud
10-06-2006, 05:06 AM
Not sure if this is the are to post this but it seemed to be the most suitable. So I got home from school today to have my sister and mom tell me that my 6 line was terrorizing my clown fish. At first I thought the were just freakin out but nonetheless I went to see for myself, and sure enough it was viciously attacking my clown. I have never seen this behaviour before or anything close to it (mind u there will be the occasional mini skirmish within all the fish but nothing serious or that lasts longer than a few seconds, and even those occur on a blue moon). Well After watching for a few moments I proceeded to feed my fish, (daily fed tank, varied diet between frozen and live foods) sure enough as soon as the food hit the water everything was forgotten and the tank turned into a big feeding party. Since then they have been behaving normal/friendly towards each other. My question is should I be worried or was the six line just in a bad mood? Thanks for taking the time to read through this mini esssay.

Rick.

niloc16
10-06-2006, 05:37 AM
i would maybe try feeding twice a day and if you are then try feeding a little bit more. it sounds maybe like it is a hunger issue. 6 line can be a little nasty at times. mine will not allow any new fish in the tank that is the same size or smaller, it will just beat the hell out of whatever it is. good luck catching it though if you decide to remove it. how big is you tank? is there alot of hiding spots and crevices in your live rock? are the clowns looking stressed or terrorized? how long has the group been together?

1bigstud
10-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Everything seems fine now, they are actually swimming together like nothing happened. The group has been together for quite sometime the 6 line was a recent addition about 5mnths. Lots of live rock and hiding spots in my 77 gallon reef

niloc16
10-07-2006, 05:30 AM
glad its going better

1bigstud
10-08-2006, 12:59 AM
actually I had to rescue him from my overflow box today, he went on a fun ride through some pvc!!

Bob I
10-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I had one once that suddenly beat the snot out of my Mandarin.:twised: They had been together for a long time. I had to rescue the Mandarin, and put him in another tank. Sometimes six lines are goofy.:sad:

sumpfinfishe
10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Over time sixlines can become quite aggressive especially to smaller fish. I had one in my reef for about 3 years and when it grew big enough it started picking on other fish in the tank, so I set a trap and gave him a larger home in a buddy's reef. I want to add tho, sixlines have to be one of my favorite fish as they have lots of personality and are always curious to explore!

1bigstud
10-09-2006, 04:14 AM
I might need to use the trap idea one day. If you could send me some info on the trap it would be great Rich.