PDA

View Full Version : Tigger pods

1bigstud
10-03-2006, 05:43 AM
I have had a 77 gallon reef for almost 4 yrs now. Throughout this time I've done some major re-aquascaping and made to major changes to my tank (adding a sump and then later removing the old sump for a bigger sump/refugium combo). Well I have decided that I would like to keep some fish that feed on pods, I wasnt sure how my pod poulation would be after all the changes so I've added a bottle of tigger pods. Has anyone used this product?? If so how long does it take to re-populate a tank also is it possible that my current inhabitants would have polished off the bottle before it had a chance to do anything??? currently there is a 6 line wrasse, baby blue tang, perc clown, flame hawk and golden head goby in my tank all of whom seem to be doing great. I feed my tank every day with frozen foods then about 2 times a week with live baby brine shrimp.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Dump most, if not all, of the pods in the refugium to let them grow. The 6line will eat up every one it can find in the main tank. You will need to have rubble piles or some other in-tank refuge for the pods to escape & breed within your display. Unfortunately, 6 lines are notorious for being pigs & starving out other pod eaters. They're fast & can get into small spaces. Ideal pod-hunters. If you want to keep Mandarin dragonets or something like that, best to consider finding a new home for the 6 line, but good luck catching it. :)

Anthony

1bigstud
10-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks Anthony, You may have to come over for a fishing trip in my tank again lol. I've been watching my tank at night and this week I am noticing more pods on the glass in my display than when I put the bottle into my refugium. I do have a few spots in my display tank where the pods can hide and be safe thats where I notice most of them at night.

CLINT
10-03-2006, 11:21 PM
put full bottle in the refugium and now that bottom 3 inches are swarming with pods.rotifers are fed to the tank and refugium so i dont know if that helps but i know that the mandrin loves them.

1bigstud
10-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Hey Clint how big is ur tank? Also how often/much are you feeding rotifiers and which kind?

CLINT
10-04-2006, 07:40 AM
I have a 72 gal with a 15 gal refugium I feed rotifiers and phyto every 2 days i get my rotifiers at OA or at the pet zoo out in langley.