PDA

View Full Version : Need a 250W ballast

shotzee
10-02-2006, 11:53 PM
My coralife 250W electronic metal halide ballase went down on the weekend. I am going to try to fix it (I think the problem is a couple of resistors blew, but I'm no circuit board expert). Anyways, in case I don't get it fixed right away I was wondering if anyone had a ballast, preferable electronic, that they were looking to sell or could part with temporarily.

PM me,
Rory

SuperFudge
10-03-2006, 02:02 PM
It will be the capacitor.

Ive replaced a couple so far in the coralife units, really easy to fix, and about $25.00.

There is a shot glass sized white thing when you open it up, just take it to your nearest electrical supply so they can get the nubers and replace it...

Im sure thats the problem, it seems they used a bad batch of these at some point.

Some times they dont, but most of the time you will see a crack in the actuall housing or where it looks like some grey hard stuff leaked out...a telltale sign it has gone.

Marc.

shotzee
10-06-2006, 06:07 AM
Well thay were actually diodes that blew. But now it will light up, but not completely fire up. I would guess that this it the result of the capacitor not working? It makes this annoying whine/humming sound then just cuts out.

Any thoughts