PDA

View Full Version : Anemone in 100 g tank what do they eat

EndlessHarm
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I bought a bubble tip anenmone with its own clown fish whats should i feed them
Krill, brine shrimp, blood worms, etc

Tarolisol
10-02-2006, 11:52 PM
What type is it? Most of them need larger pieces af meaty stuff, like squid or stuff of that nature.

Quagmire
10-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Feed it a mixture of Mysid shrimp,krill,silver sides,scallops,and fresh shrimp with claws guts and the works.All chopped up in a blender.Or you can feed something like Mysid one feeding and krill or scallops the next and so on.Don't feed it alot at any one feeding or it will just puke it back up later.Feed it small feedings every couple days and it will grow fast.Basicly they will eat any meaty seafood.

OCDP
10-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Feed it a mixture of Mysid shrimp,krill,silver sides,scallops,and fresh shrimp with claws guts and the works.All chopped up in a blender.Or you can feed something like Mysid one feeding and krill or scallops the next and so on.Don't feed it alot at any one feeding or it will just puke it back up later.Feed it small feedings every couple days and it will grow fast.Basicly they will eat any meaty seafood.

What he said :mrgreen: Note that anemones don't really need large pieces, and in fact it has recently been said that small is best , because they will just spit it out later during the night.

GrimReefer
10-03-2006, 02:56 PM
they eat corals and live rock.... now don't you wish you did a bit of research before buying? ;)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-03-2006, 07:03 PM
I feed mine small pieces of scallops & prawns. They love it, but who doesn't like scallops and prawns.:)

Geofrog
10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
I feed mine chopped up shrimp and squid once or twice a week and it has grown quite fast over the last 2 months. From ~8" to 10+" in 2 months time.

Midknight
10-03-2006, 09:18 PM
they eat corals and live rock.... now don't you wish you did a bit of research before buying? ;)

Strange... I thought they liked , snips and snails and puppy dog tails...