PDA

View Full Version : promoting pod growth

JOSH
10-01-2006, 09:25 PM
id like to get a blenny but i need to get some pods going in my tank, is there anything i can do to promote their growth?

OCDP
10-01-2006, 09:41 PM
id like to get a blenny but i need to get some pods going in my tank, is there anything i can do to promote their growth?

Which blenny needs pods?? I haven't heard of a blenny that lives off pods?? Anywhoo, one thing you could do is setup a refugium if you don't have one. That will give the pods a good spot to populate.

kari
10-01-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, add Phyto.

Go to Gold and Albert will help.

JOSH
10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
is Phyto some sort of additive? i herd blennys eat pods and a hard to make eat frozen foods

kari
10-01-2006, 11:57 PM
You can find live phyto by MO or bottled stuff like PhytoMax by Kent around Calgary.

Kabong
10-02-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm guessing your talking about a scooter blenny, Technically a dragonet not a blenny.
Anyways to increase pods as the others have said
Feed phyto
add a refregium
Make a few piles of rock rubble in the tank (pod piles) to provide a safe haven for them to Uh um take care of business id you know what i mean.

Snappy
10-02-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm guessing your talking about a scooter blenny, Technically a dragonet not a blenny.
Anyways to increase pods as the others have said
Feed phyto
add a refregium
Make a few piles of rock rubble in the tank (pod piles) to provide a safe haven for them to Uh um take care of business id you know what i mean.
Yeah, what he said.