PDA

View Full Version : Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

anglfish
10-01-2006, 12:37 AM
I always was fascinated by Anomones. And then - today - I saw this neon pink bubble tip in the store. What a beauty. It looked very healthy and is still very small (maybe 1 1/- 2 inches wide). Soo tempted to get it. and of course the guy in the store said it was easy to take care of, is fine with PC lighting and can even go in tanks as little as 10G. :eek:
Well that's not exactly what I read. Yes the bubble tip is "easier" compared to other anemones. But I read it needs MH lighting and should not be considered for small tanks.

I'm very confused. Who/What to trust.
Needless to say I didn't get it. But can't stop thinking about it.

Is there anyone who kept bubble tips in a smaller tank?

Quagmire
10-01-2006, 04:57 AM
Be very carefull here,if it realy is neon pink colored its probably been dyed.RBTAs are usualy an orangey red color something like this here
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m270/Quag_02/IMG_0259.jpg
If its not simmilar to the color in the pic (can be a deeper or lighter orange/red )
its better to pass on it.Dyeing corals doesn't always kill them,but it does stress an already very stress animal, and can lead to its death.Better to be safe and let the vendor take a loss if there is one.Then in the future hope they wont buy anymore dyed animals.
BTAs are one of the easier anemones to care for,but you still need stable good water conditions and the larger the tank the better.Over 30g is better,under 30g is OK but you realy have to watch the parameter swings due to evaporation and lack of dilution.Plus in a small tank,if it goes for a walk,it can kill most of your other corals along the way.MH aren't necessary T5's or VHO are fine(depending on the tank depth and needs of other corals)under 24",and can even use NO floresents on realy shallow tanks.Feed meaty foods every couple days to couple times a week.