PDA

View Full Version : Xtasia's Zoanthid Group Order.

OCDP
09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I need all those interested in ordering zoos from Xtasia to post in this thread . What I need from you is:

- The Name of the frag.
- The price of the frag.

Once we have a final total of people, I will PM Xtasia with the frags requested by everyone. You will have to bear with me as this is the first time I have organized a group order.

We can have the order shipped to my house, but I will need to check my work schedule to see which day for arrival is best (I'm thinking Wednesday or Thursday arrival).

Here's my current list of what I want :

- Pink Panther Eyes - 8 Polyp frag - $25
- Watermelon - $15
- Horizons/Crimsons - $25.

Again, please post in here the list of frags you want including price. We will go from there, thanks!

Scott

JOSH
09-29-2006, 04:24 PM
i would like

2- Boy Scout Zoanthid $10 each

edited didnt realize the greenbay was such a small frag

Finaddict
09-29-2006, 04:33 PM
2 boyscout zoa's - $20

Asmoa
09-29-2006, 04:43 PM
pm'd

Asmoa
09-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Green Bay Packer - $20
Pink Panther Eyes - $25
Horizons/Crimsons - $25

gbeef
09-29-2006, 07:57 PM
interested in
Boy Scout Zoanthid - 10.00

Xtasia
09-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Anyone else?

OCDP
10-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Any updates ??

Xtasia
10-01-2006, 05:33 AM
I didn't get a list.. should I go from what you've put here? Are you planning on guaranteeing for all the pieces listed?

I'll see what's left and tell you what everyone can get...

Cheers, Ivy

OCDP
10-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I didn't get a list.. should I go from what you've put here? Are you planning on guaranteeing for all the pieces listed?

I'll see what's left and tell you what everyone can get...

Cheers, Ivy

Sorry Ivy.. PM sent your way.

I will send a PM to everyone who posted here, and confirm the total number of frags and final cost.

cag
10-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Hope I am not too late. My internet at home doesn't work, so I just got the PMs. Rats. Anyway, here is what I would really REALLY like to order.

Green Bay Packer - 20
Martian Red - 25
Boy scout - 10
Watermelon - 15
Dragon Eye - 25
Pink Panther Eyes - 25 or 30
KeddRedd - 10

So, I probably missed most of these on the weekend, but that is what I would like. What from there is still available? Please let me know. Thanks.

OCDP
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Hope I am not too late. My internet at home doesn't work, so I just got the PMs. Rats. Anyway, here is what I would really REALLY like to order.

Green Bay Packer - 20
Martian Red - 25
Boy scout - 10
Watermelon - 15
Dragon Eye - 25
Pink Panther Eyes - 25 or 30
KeddRedd - 10

So, I probably missed most of these on the weekend, but that is what I would like. What from there is still available? Please let me know. Thanks.

Hey Cam,

Not too late to get an order in, just availability of frags is limited it seems. Maybe we could have Ivy post in here with whats avilable. We would like to have the money transfered to Ivy by tomorrow.. and have it shipped sometime this week. Payments can be made to me, via e-mail money transfer, then I will transfer all the money to Ivy.

I myself am wanting to add another frag of something to my order, so Ivy if you see this could you post what's avilable in here? Thanks.

Xtasia
10-03-2006, 04:21 AM
OCDP:
Boyscout - $10
Horizons - $25
Kiwi star - $10
Pink Panther Eye - $25
Total: $70

Asmoa:
Green Bay Packer x 2 - $40
Boyscout - $10
Horizons/Crimsons x 2 - $50
Pink Panther Eyes - $25
Total: $125

cag:
Green bay Packer - $20
Boyscout - $10
Dragon Eye - $25
Pink Panther Eyes - $25
KeddRedd - $10
Total: $90

Josh:
Boyscouts X 2 - $20

Finaddict:
Boyscouts X 2 - $20

gbeef:
Boyscouts X 2 - $10

Aussifishy:
Green bay Packer - $20
Horizons - $25
Pink Panther Eyes - $25

+ $30 for shipping.

Total is $435 (I think)

Please make payment for Wednesday night at the latest, Thursday I'm out of town (to oregon) for a week and I'd like to ship it before then.

What's Left:

1 Kiwi Crush
1 Crimson/Horizon
2 Boyscouts

seriously, that's all folks :)

OCDP
10-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Asmoa , your PM box is full.

Shipping is 5$ per person. Sorry for the confusion, people weer added to the group ,etc..

cag
10-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Paid Scott via pay pal. Looking forward to order :):)

OCDP
10-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Paid Scott via pay pal. Looking forward to order :):)

I guess I'll have to sign up for pay pal then.

Heh.

Ahh man, I have to pay to receive money?? Odd..

Xtasia
10-03-2006, 04:59 PM
you don't as long as you aren't a premiere account... just register then redirect the moeny to my email address. I can accept paypal. I'll just make a note that this is part of your order.

-Ivy

Asmoa
10-03-2006, 05:42 PM
empty now :)

OCDP
10-03-2006, 05:48 PM
Alright, so a quick little update ..

Just waiting on one more person to transfer the money and we're all paid up. Aussiefishy is not in as of right now. So we will keep it that way unless he PM's before the deadline.

Xtasia, I sent another PM regarding Paypal. I will redirect to you, just need to know how to do so :redface:

If we're all paid up by tonight, we should have it sent off ASAP as Ivy will be out of town.

Once we're all paid, I will transfer the total to Ivy, then I will have her send a PM confirming all money has been recieved, I will then forward the PM to everyone in the group order.

Anyone with questions or whatever , shoot me a PM ..

Xtasia
10-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Calgarians..

I received all your money.

I shipped this order yesterday (took me 1.5 hours to drive to the depot bc it was rush hour.. it was hell)

OCDP:
Boyscout - $10
Horizons - $25
Kiwi star - $10
Pink Panther Eye - $25

Asmoa:
Green Bay Packer x 2 - $40
Boyscout - $10
Horizons/Crimsons x 2 - $50
Pink Panther Eyes - $25
Total: $125

cag:
Green bay Packer - $20
Boyscout - $10
Dragon Eye - $25
Pink Panther Eyes - $25
KeddRedd - $10
Total: $90
and added an extra Kiwi Crush to Cag's order.

Josh:
Boyscouts X 2 - $20

Finaddict:
Boyscouts X 2 - $20

gbeef:
Boyscouts X 2 - $10

Aussifishy:
Green bay Packer - $20
Horizons - $25
Pink Panther Eyes - $25

If you are missing anything, please let both myself and OCDP know. I've given him directions on how to deal with it.

They said the package will arrive "FRIDAY". I've give the information for OCDP to pick up the package. They will hold the package for 30 days But I recommend picking it up today before 6:30.

I would put the zoos in a low to moderate flow area to start with. If the zoos loosen on the trip, reattach with frag glue. No dip is neccessary as I am flatworm/parasite free.

Hope you like the order.

- Ivy

OCDP
10-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Great, thanks Ivy.

Pm's have been sent off to everyone.

I was under the impression that the zoos were being shipped to my house though? :confused: as I have no vehicle to pick them up today! :eek:

Can anyone from the Calgary group order go pick the order up?? I will pay you for gas, etc, whatever must be done.

Please PM me if you can help! Otherwise, I am not sure if I can get down there other than transit or taxi, and taxi is too much $$$, and I dont reallly wanna be taking a huge box full of zoo frags on the bus and train. That won't even work anyhow :(

christyf5
10-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Try calling the bus depot and see if you can get it delivered COD. I don't think its that much extra but maybe check with them.

OCDP
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Try calling the bus depot and see if you can get it delivered COD. I don't think its that much extra but maybe check with them.

Hey Christy, thanks. We've got 'er sorted out now :biggrin:

Thanks again.

JOSH
10-06-2006, 05:26 PM
okay so when/where will be pick them up?

OCDP
10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
okay so when/where will be pick them up?

I have said previously that I will PM everyone once the order arrives and then everyone can come here to pick them up.

I'll have more information soon.. :wink: (ie: what time to come pick up, etc, etc... )

cag
10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
OK so does anyone know when Ivy will be back to let us know what happened to our order? It seems more than a little frustrating to pay nearly 100 dollars for something, get told it has been sent, and then never have it arrive. Last I heard there is still no package here for us, at all much less delayed. Has anyone else ordered from here before? Does anyone have suggestions as to what to do? At this point my frustration level is rising somewhat sharply, and it is starting to look like she took us collectively for almost five hundred dollars.

Jason McK
10-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Ivy had a conference in Portland she went to for work. She has not "Taken" anyone.

I'm not involved in this at all but thought you should know she is back tomorrow or late tonight

OCDP
10-10-2006, 03:39 PM
OK so does anyone know when Ivy will be back to let us know what happened to our order? It seems more than a little frustrating to pay nearly 100 dollars for something, get told it has been sent, and then never have it arrive. Last I heard there is still no package here for us, at all much less delayed. Has anyone else ordered from here before? Does anyone have suggestions as to what to do? At this point my frustration level is rising somewhat sharply, and it is starting to look like she took us collectively for almost five hundred dollars.

Cameron,

I am on the phone to greyhound right now (on hold) trying to see if the package is in.

It was NOT in as of yesterday.

It is super delayed.

I forgot your internet wasn't working so here's a quick update for you:

Our order was NOT shipped dry, it was shipped wet. She said it was packaged professionally, so we should be okay.

But.... like I said from the get-go , I am unable to pick packages up .. especially now during the week with work and stuff, and I am sicker than a dog right now. I can inquire about having greyhound ship the package if need be.. but that will cost us extra.

I can fax someone a permission slip to have them pick the package up if anyone would like to do that.

Ivy IS out of town, and will be back soon. Don't worry Cam, Ivy won't be scamming us by any means... I trust her 100%.

I will post back once I ma off the phone with them.. I've been on hold for a while now..

OCDP
10-10-2006, 03:53 PM
*Update*

Just got off the phone.. still no package!!

The lady said it should be here today, well.. I've heard that every time I call in.

It makes it even harder to trakc this package as I was given no waybill # or anything...

Sorry guys.. I'll call back at 1 and see as that's what she suggested I do.

cag
10-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the assurances. I just wanted to know from others who had dealt with her before. Having live coral sitting around in a bus warehouse somewhere for five days is just not cool to me. And I was beginning to wonder what happened to it. I have shipped a lot of stuff, dogs, birds, etc. and I have never had anything take more than one full day. I have always made sure that if I am shipping or recieving something there is no chance it will take any longer than that, so I was starting to wonder if it had even been shipped. Sorry for coming across offensively. I don't want to trash some-one who is on the level. I hope things come together soon and that it isn't all dead by the time we see it. Pushing a week is a LONG TIME in shippping. A tracking number and sending it express should have prevented this. Anyway, as I said. I appologize for anything I said that may have implyed intentional wrong doing.

midgetwaiter
10-10-2006, 04:27 PM
If it shows up today I can grab it for you guys, I'm just up the street from there.

howdy20012002
10-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I just dealt with the same thing with greyhound when I had 2 seahorses sent up from Calgary over the weekend.
It took them over a day and a half to find the parcel
They said they were super delayed sorting stuff out because of the long weekend and having huge volume of packages.
the box had been damaged and was put off to the side.
If the zoos were packed wet and one of the bags leaked..maybe the same thing happened and they were put off to the side.
The only reason I got them when I did was because I had called a few times and the lady who kept on dealing with me noticed my parcel off the to the side when she went to the washroom.
I wish you guys the best, I can certainly understand your frustration.
Apparently Greyhound is way behind times and even the Waybill doesn't get entered into the system for a few days after it has been shipped. So they won't be even able to track it till then.
Zoos are very hardy and at least you have that on your side.
Good luck
Neal

SeaHorse_Fanatic
10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
For future references, never ship just before a holiday or long weekend. In fact, it is safest to ship on Monday or Tuesday, so there is more time to track a package down before the weekend. Good luck.

I've shipped several things (live & non) with Greyhound & following those rules seems to work for me. I am also now using "Breathable" bags for shipping or transporting livestock, which seems to work as advertised.

Anthony

OCDP
10-10-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks for your very generous offer midgetwaiter.

And thanks to Neal and Anthony for the posts.

I honestly trust that if all is well with the package, that the zoos are fine. I agree 100% that zoos are very hardy. If the package has not been damaged like mentioned... I can't see why they won't be alright. I was at first under the impression that they zoos were shipped dry, but this is not the case.

I guess all's we can do is wait.. I'll try back at 1, and ask if maybe the package has been "damaged" and moved off to the side or something like that.

JOSH
10-10-2006, 05:23 PM
OCDP i pmed you about this order

OCDP
10-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Wowww :eek:

Talk about massive confusion here!

Okay, this is for EVERYONE in the order.. I figure I may as well post it here.

The order has been at a NE location since the 6th!!!! Well, this is NOT my fault.. and I am not trying to sound rude or anything like that towards Ivy, but in the PM .. this is what I was told:

"They said the package will arrive "FRIDAY". to the depot at 833 greyhound way. Their phone number is 403-263-1234. You need to call them tomorrow and ask if there is a box for "Scott Harty". They will tell you what to do from there on out. I think they are open until 6:30."

I have been calling the wrong greyhound, but only because this is where i was told the order went to. Seeing as I don't do this very often, I wouldn't think to call the other greyhound's.. why would I?? So now we know where the order is.

If you all would like, I will forward you the original PM.

Man oh man.. that really, really, really sucks.

midgetwaiter
10-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Figures, Greyhound is such a PITA.

OCDP
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Figures, Greyhound is such a PITA.

If I had more experience with Greyhound and shipping & recieving .. then maybe I woulda thought to call over there. But seeing as this is my first time, I figured that the address and number provided would be all I needed.

My apologies to the group.

The order will obviously be picked up sometime today, so keep watching this thread for updates as it's such a pain to PM everyone .

OCDP
10-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Nevermind, PM's have been sent to everyone.

JOSH
10-10-2006, 11:43 PM
got mine in the tank, they look pretty dead to me.....
they all have a clear/white film around them

howdy20012002
10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
don't throw them out yet...they could come around
I would try to see how they smell..if they smell really bad, they probably are dead.
neal

gbeef
10-11-2006, 12:14 AM
same with me mine have a clear film, they smelled really bad!.. thats cuz a frag got squoshed.

OCDP
10-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Well,

The smell was foul. Otherwise, the zoos look ok, others I would say kinda look like they are on their way out. I won't say any are officially dead... none of mine or any others look "dead" .. just pretty P.O'd... like they've been sitting in bags for days pretty much.

Mine are all in the tank now along with cag's and aussiefishy's... so we'll see how it goes.

Keep your zoos in a semi-low flow , and low light area for now. Let them acclimate.

By the way JOSH, did you make sure to acclimate your zoos to temp?? If not, then this would really make matters worse , as there is quite a difference in temp.

I cannot believe Greyhound didn't even contact me to tell me it was at a different location .. or whatever. Knowing that the zoos were sitting there since Friday really makes me angry. But, what's done is done... we will see how things go from here on out.

And I have mentioned to those I am holding zoos for, that I will not be held responsible for any deaths... I definitely am not trying to come off rude here.. but if you wanted your zoanthids held ... then it's a risk your taking. All of our zoos are in the same condition basically and my reef is stable , so any deaths are more than likely due to the fact that they have been sitting in bags for days.

Please PM me for any other questions/concerns and to arrange pick-up for your zoos :biggrin: Thanks guys, and again... sorry for the mess and confusion...

OCDP
10-11-2006, 12:21 AM
same with me mine have a clear film, they smelled really bad!.. thats cuz a frag got squoshed.

Edit*

After closer inspection, some frags definitely do have a white/clear film on them...

marie
10-11-2006, 12:23 AM
I think placing them in as high a flow as they can stand would be better, it will blow off any mucous that they are producing and keep the algae at bay :biggrin: . just my 2 cents

OCDP
10-11-2006, 12:27 AM
I think placing them in as high a flow as they can stand would be better, it will blow off any mucous that they are producing and keep the algae at bay :biggrin: . just my 2 cents

Just posting as per Ivy's recommendation. :) I guess higher flow would seem logical right now, but it seems as if the frags might come off their plug if I place any in a higher flow right now.

OCDP
10-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Alright, marie.. you knocked some logics into me.. I placed a little more flow on the zoos to help remove whatever it is on them.

I dunno... hahah.. too soon to say what the outcome will be.

We shall play the waiting game.

JOSH
10-11-2006, 01:06 AM
how much flow did you have to get that film off?

OCDP
10-11-2006, 01:08 AM
It's not off... I am just keeping a stronger flow over them than before...

JOSH
10-11-2006, 01:10 AM
oh okay yeah im just using moderate flow, im just concorned that they are dead and contaminating my tank!!!

gbeef
10-11-2006, 01:18 AM
k zoo experts please let me know if this is gonna survie this is what my zoos look like

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/IMG_0165.jpg
in you opinion is it gonna live? the other frag was a write off.

UPDATE: i chucked my frags as 15.00 inst worth risk killing 200.00 worth of live stock. im passing on my zoo's I onyl have a 7Gal system. im sure the people with the large systems can see what happend... Good luck! if anyones boyscotts live let me know i would like to get a couple from you when your colonies are healthy.

christyf5
10-11-2006, 01:28 AM
I'd hang on to them if I were you, they look pretty intact and even if they do have a "skin" that starts to slough off they will probably make it. Leave them in an area of medium flow on the sandbed and wait it out. They might take a few days to open.

OCDP
10-11-2006, 01:28 AM
Yeah that is how I'd say most of the others look as well.

Thanks for the post Christy.

JOSH
10-11-2006, 01:31 AM
what causes that clear bubble around them?

christyf5
10-11-2006, 01:34 AM
I would imagine that its either a protective mucous to insulate itself from environmental changes or due to tissue damage. Either way, moderate flow will help with oxygen exchange and help slough off the tissue so that the zoos can open.

JMO :biggrin:

JOSH
10-11-2006, 01:41 AM
and if its dead how deadly is three in a ten gallon tank?

christyf5
10-11-2006, 01:46 AM
I wouldn't worry too hard about it. If they start to turn white or disintegrate then yard them out but its definitely worth waiting them out. They're hardier than you think :wink:

OCDP
10-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Yeah you all need to stop worrying about a few polyps destroying your tank, it won't happen :razz: There is hope as well. They aren't that bad.. wait for Ivy's post.. :mrgreen:

marie
10-11-2006, 01:50 AM
and if its dead how deadly is three in a ten gallon tank?

If the frags are small, it probably won't affect the tank at all, definitely not as bad as a large snail dying anyway

Xtasia
10-11-2006, 02:20 AM
Hi, Back from my trip... Portland was great.. You should really really really check out Upscales, their tanks and livestock are outrageous!

Down to business...

OCDP sent me the payment and final order on Wednesday night, with urgent pms about really wanting the order to be sent before I left on my conference

I was working until late then went out with the girls, and didn't check my PMs until Thursday at 1pm. Just before I intended to pack up his order.

I looked for a method of shipping and address, but could not find it. Eager to get it out, (because OCDP's PM stressed the importance of sending them out before I left) I managed to find an address in paypal.

I was sending out another package across canada to another reefer and he spoke VERY highly of greyhound... having had many orders sent through greyhound.

I decided to do a little research before I committed. UPS wanted $50 more and the best they could deliver it would be Tuesday Morning EVEN if I gave them the package right at that moment. Greyhound assured me it would be in Calgary the next day if I gave it to them before 6:30 because it would be leaving on the bus sitting in the station and arrriving directly in calgary (there wasn't that many people sitting there waiting for the bus, or many packages to go out).

Given the information presented, I chose Greyhound on your behalf.

After driving 2 hours both ways, I sent a PM to OCDP with the instructions I received from Greyhound and prepared for my trip.

Let me know how the zoos turn out. I don't have any more frags left as I sent the remainder to you as a "bonus" in gratitude for your business. Hopefully some of you benefitted from that.

It was my mistake to listen to the groups eagerness to have the package shipped. I should have erred on the side of caution and made you all decide on your shipping method and send ALL your information.

Willow and I intend to make a "care package"' of some zoos which we will send to you, at our cost. The care package won't be ready for a few weeks as we need to see which colonies are ready to frag, and then left the frags settle before shipping like we did with yours. We can't guarantee the amount of zoos we'll send, or that they will be identical as it depends on the colonies... We are pretty confident you will love them regardless.

In the mean time, I don't recommend putting the zoos in too high of a flow because I think the high flow will batter them while they are trying to recouperate. They like good flow, so moderate should be more than enough.

If they are firm but covered in a slime coating they should be ok. Several times a day, use a turkey baster or stream from a powerhead to blow off the detritus/slime. I would also recommend performing a light iodine dip to ward off bacterial infections.

Cheers.

Xtasia
10-11-2006, 02:21 AM
Also...

thank you to Christy, Marie and JasonMcK for believing in us and helping diffuse the situation..

Jason, we owe you dinner for looking after our tank. You did a great job. nice to come back to everything alive.. :)

Xtasia
10-11-2006, 02:28 AM
For anyone interested, the recipe for the dip is 2 drops of Lugol's to 4 litres of fresh pH and temperature adjusted RO water. Immerse zoo colony for 5 minutes, then swirl it vigorously to shake off any dead critters, then return to salt water.

dreef
10-11-2006, 03:47 AM
Good luck to all you zoo fanatics,i've had zoos that took 5 days to reach me,and most made it.It was late may,so it was cool weather,buddy shipped 2 day dhl, which is to bigger cities,is guaranteed.Needless to say after many phone calls,and a weekend passed, they arrived.There as tough as nails,best of luck to everyone.

gbeef
10-11-2006, 03:22 PM
ive decide to give mine a try hopefully they'll ull through. Goodluck to everyone else.

OCDP
10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Mine are looking not too bad this morning... I think there's a good chance for most to survive. I'd say there's 3 or 4 here that probably won't pull through. (falling apart, extremely skinny polyps, etc..)

But the majority of mine and everyone elses look decent. There's hope :) ..

Oh yeah, PS to Ivy, most of my zoos feel soft, not hard. Not too soft, but not firm either :neutral:

JOSH
10-11-2006, 10:56 PM
YUCK
i got home today and alot of the white film came off, but some were releaseing this brown fog, what does that mean?

JOSH
10-12-2006, 03:15 AM
so i have one polyp open, none of the others look good.

marie
10-12-2006, 03:39 AM
I have had zoas take 3 weeks to open after only 2 days shipping so have patience, having one open is a really good sign

OCDP
10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Hmm... well, I lost 2 frags overnight :( They just disintegrated ..

When I gently rubbed the film off, I also had my zoos release brown "fog" .. AKA zooaxenthelle (am i correct?)

Finaddict
10-12-2006, 03:09 PM
my 2 are both dead..

totally mush now..

gbeef
10-12-2006, 03:11 PM
mine are dead, brown everywhere in the tan, time to a water change

JOSH
10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah this morning all but one polyp was dead. so whats going to happen with the dead zoo's?

JOSH
10-13-2006, 02:33 AM
mine are in the trash, should i hold on to them to prove they died?

Quagmire
10-13-2006, 02:40 AM
Josh,if its not too late,frag that last polyp and tie it to a rock with fishing line or thread.

JOSH
10-13-2006, 02:56 AM
well it was half open but when i got home today the whole piece was covered on this jelly, i couldnt even see half the zoos, they disintigrated

Quagmire
10-13-2006, 02:57 AM
Ahh too bad.Sorry to hear all the losses.

JOSH
10-13-2006, 03:07 AM
yeah it sucks, when the first one started to open i thought it would be okay but the rest just went downhill

OCDP
10-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Ouch...

All frags are officially dead this morning.

What a bummer. :cry:

Xtasia
10-14-2006, 04:26 AM
My apologies for the time it has taken for me to respond.

John and I both feel horrible that the corals didn't make it. As hobbyists, we can sympathize. We discussed it and we would like to send you a care package of as many zoo frags as we can put together. It will take a few weeks as we need to have the frags sit in our trays beforehand to ensure they are healthy and ready to travel. Some colonies are not yet ready to be fragged. We will not be able to replace all the zoos ordered, but we will frag what we can and may even provide other varieties you may like even more. To be clear, we will not be refilling your entire order...

As hobbyists yourself, you should understand where we are coming from. We are not a business. We honored our end of the deal. We shipped a healthy order which made it to calgary as promised, I relayed the information given to me from Greyhound and it basically sat at the Depot 4 extra days because of lack of follow up.

During the selling process, I had said I would be willing to ship but my liability of the corals ended in Vancouver. I sent an additional 7 frags in the event that an order was incorrectly packed or someone's coral didn't survive the trip. I did my job on my end and can't be held responsible for the incompetencies of Greyhound or OCDP's inexperience.

No offense to OCDP, but I had to deal with someone who didn't know what he was doing and didn't have the resources to execute the order. I would like someone else from the group order to step forward, who is more familiar with mail orders and has a car, to coordinate with. Our plan this time is to ship the Corals through WestJet. It is considerably more expensive, however, John and I feel this is the best method. As stated, we will pay for the shipping. We are essentially filling and shipping an order twice.

We will not be providing any live on arrival guarantee on these corals. We will ensure they are healthy before they go into the box and are packaged nicely for shipment to Calgary but the responsibility of pick up and distribution lies on the hands of the group in Calgary.

Any follow up regarding the order is the responsiblity of the person(s) you designate. You have some time to decide who you would like to select.

If you have any concerns, direct them to OCDP, yeah it sucks, but that's the burden you take when you coordinate a shipment.

Thank you for your understanding.

Let's proceed with caution.

JOSH
10-14-2006, 02:54 PM
well thanks alot for taking the time to send more frags at your cost and time, shit happens, i dont really blame anyone for the dead frags.

gbeef
10-14-2006, 06:21 PM
You and John should not feel like its your fault, Shit happens!.. also the lack of commucation on both parties caused the shipment to to fail. my order wasnt big, but i know ill be ordering from you guys in the future. and we can only learn from this experince.

I appericate the hard work everyone went thorugh coordernating this order.

OCDP
10-14-2006, 06:55 PM
I would like to extend my apologies to those in the Calgary group order for my lack of communication regarding the shipping and contact info. It was obviously accidental.. but nonetheless a mistake on my behalf. I would also like to apologize for not having a vehicle to pick the order up. But, not that any of this matters now anyways. I was always under the assumption that the order was UPS overnight.. so that's why I wasn't worried about not having a vehicle. Again, anything could have happened and the package might have needed to be picked up, and I wouldn't have been able to do so.

I'd like to thank Jared (JOSH) for picking the order up from the NE location. Thanks a lot.

And a big thanks to Ivy and John... because in reality, as mentioned.. the frags did arrive on schedule and in good condition. The frags were packed very well. I also would like to thank you both very much for being so kind as to sending us calgarians another shipment of frags. In all honesty, I think it's being more than generous.. so thanks a lot for doing that... we all really appreciate it.

cag
10-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Unfortunately only one of mine appears to have made it out of the six. The others have all melted off into the water. I have one left that is still there and trying to open. Can't really tell yet which one it is. Heres hoping it is a really cool one :)

Asmoa
10-19-2006, 09:26 PM
ya same with me i have one left that im still hoping will open. Lost 5 of them though :(

JOSH
10-29-2006, 04:37 PM
any updates

OCDP
10-29-2006, 04:58 PM
From xtasia's post:

We discussed it and we would like to send you a care package of as many zoo frags as we can put together. It will take a few weeks as we need to have the frags sit in our trays beforehand to ensure they are healthy and ready to travel. Some colonies are not yet ready to be fragged.

Keana
10-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I live in Vancouver and picked mine up at the source. Still, I lost almost all of mine. I guess it's good that you guys are getting some of your corals back. I was not offered the same. I was offered 3 polyps of Red Kenya when what I lost was almost all. I don't know that our situations are the same, they may be different.....

cag
11-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Has anyone heard any more on this ? Just hoping :)

OCDP
11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Has anyone heard any more on this ? Just hoping :)

I don't think anyone has heard back about anything. Could be wrong though..

Jason McK
11-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I live in Vancouver and picked mine up at the source. Still, I lost almost all of mine. I guess it's good that you guys are getting some of your corals back. I was not offered the same. I was offered 3 polyps of Red Kenya when what I lost was almost all. I don't know that our situations are the same, they may be different.....

Keana, the only way your situation could be the same as the people in Calgary is, if your tank water is of the same quality as a bag of tank water that has been sitting in a bus depot for 5 days.:razz:
I would look at possible chemical warfare or some imbalance for why your zoa melted as most local people have had great success with the frags.

J

Keana
11-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Sorry to hear that peoples zoa's ended up on at a bus station for 5 day..... My situation was not like that, needless to say.

My water parameters are great. I monitor them daily. My situation is very different in the end. I know what caused my zoa problems... But in the interest of being fair to "Every story has 2 sides," I'll not go into it here.

skylord
11-14-2006, 11:56 PM
I got 5 or 6 from Xtasia at Jasons yard sale...all are doing just fine.

Scott