PDA

View Full Version : Stores to hit in Vancouver

tranvictor
09-27-2006, 12:42 AM
Hello Canreefers:

I'll be going through Vancouver mid October. ANy suggestions on stores to visit while I am there?

Vic

fkshiu
09-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Problem is that the local reef stores are quite spread out around town:

A few are -
Aquariums West: Downtown Vancouver
J&L: Burnaby (25 mins from downtown)
Ocean Aquatics: Delta (35 mins from downtown)
King Ed Pets: Burnaby (25 mins from downtown)
Paul's Aquarium: Surrey (35 mins from downtown)
Hidden Reef: Abbotsford (1 hr. from downtown)

All times are NON-rush hour.

tranvictor
09-27-2006, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the advice. I can spend a day or three if I need to do the fish tour. Say I had a day, which stores are of note that I can't miss?

Vic

Ruth
09-27-2006, 02:55 AM
I always hit J&L and Ocean Aquatics when I am down. Have not been to Hidden Reef yet but I hear it is worth the drive so will check that one out when I am down at Christmas.

niloc16
09-27-2006, 03:37 AM
hidden reef is a definite must to hit, not only for livestock but equipment is awesome pricing.

fkshiu
09-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I guess the two "must sees" in a day would be Ocean Aquatics (which is in an industrial park in the middle of nowhere) and J&L. Unfortunately, it would take a good 45 minutes to 1 hour to go from one to another with Vancouver traffic.

Abbyreefer
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I would definatly hit Ocean aquatics, King eds (which is on the way) then J&L. For frags though Ocean Aquatics is definatly the best .

Veng68
09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I guess the two "must sees" in a day would be Ocean Aquatics (which is in an industrial park in the middle of nowhere) and J&L. Unfortunately, it would take a good 45 minutes to 1 hour to go from one to another with Vancouver traffic.
Not the why I drive ;)

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Jason McK
09-27-2006, 11:39 PM

OA is only in the middle of nowwhere if your not from around nowhere LOL

Some might say J&L is in the middle of nowhere if thats not the nowhere they are from.

J

vanreefer
09-27-2006, 11:48 PM
OA is only in the middle of nowwhere if your not from around nowhere LOL

Some might say J&L is in the middle of nowhere if thats not the nowhere they are from.

J

Ya... what J said... I think...
OA is a MUST... oh and unless you are in rush hour(s) it only takes about 30 min to drive from OA to J&L