PDA

View Full Version : looking for pods

Edmonton Eskimo
09-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I just got a mandrin goby and I want to keep my pod level up. Does anyone know where I can get some?

safety4fire
09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey Jason,

I bought one four weeks ago, my tank has been set up for only four months. They say you should wait at least a year before thinking of getting a Mandarin Gobies, this would allow your tank to be established enough to support the food supply for a Mandarin, My wife saw one at AI in Edmonton and like it so much I decided to take a chance, and brought it home. I was told they would starve to death if they didn't have enough pods to eat, well I have been feeding it Mysis shrimp from day one:biggrin:

Twisted-1
09-24-2006, 06:02 PM
Same Here, my mandarin eats mysis also. Just luck of the draw.

Bob I
09-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I have two Psychedelic Mandarins in a standard 33 gallon tank. The tank contains a lot of live rock. That is a single layer along the back wall. The Mandarins have been in there for months, and are doing just fine. I know the female eats Mysis. The male has been in there for less time, and I have not seen him eat anything but what he finds on the rock. I had him in ten gallon tank that was full of pods. He cleaned them up in no time. I eventually moved him into the 33.
So I guess my point is that you probably don't have to worry about pods. That has been my experience, and I have kept mandarins for years.

CLINT
09-24-2006, 08:28 PM
Ocean Aquatics carries tigger pods which are excellent for mandrins but they need to establish in a refugium or tight piles of rockwork but once they do you have no worries. CLINT