PDA

View Full Version : New Nano Pics

AJ_77
09-19-2002, 02:46 AM
Like a big kid, I am. How cool is THIS? Please be kind in your feedback regarding My New Nanoweb. (http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/nanoweb/FrameSet.htm)

We nano types are sensitive. ;)

Cheers all,

Alan

EmilyB
09-19-2002, 02:58 AM
Awesome pics Alan :cool: Glad you are having a good time again ;)

Reef_Ready
09-19-2002, 03:02 AM
Great looking tank Alan. What size powerhead are you using for water flow. I can't really tell but are you running it skimmerless?

Canadian Man
09-19-2002, 12:34 PM
Looks great Alan,
Keep up the good work!

AJ_77
09-19-2002, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the generous comments, everyone! smile.gif

Ray - the ph is a Minijet 404 (100 gph) - with the Aqauclear 150 there should be about 250 gph total. And yes we have no skimmer. I'm shooting for more rock, and water changes of 25% weekly.

Cheers,

Alan

Bob I
09-19-2002, 01:55 PM
Wow, I am really happy that I asked to have this nano section put on the site. I too am happy that we are having fun again Alan. I am especially interested to see how the SPS'S do in that nano. The Caulastrea looks a little big, but I am certain it will not outgrow the tank quickly. But even the softies should give no trouble for at least a year. My own nano has been started again. The substrate and water are in, and I am starting some base rock in the refugium. I will put in some Xenia soon as I have a fair bit of that. When that is done I will post a pic. :D smile.gif

Tau2301
09-20-2002, 10:16 PM
Alan, tank looks great. I especially like having a Nano Form on this board - great idea Bob.

A little off topic and I hate to open up the debate one more time, but here goes.

EmilyB and Reef_Ready, do you think that your avatars are big enough for a tang? :D

EmilyB
09-20-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Tau2301:

EmilyB and Reef_Ready, do you think that your avatars are big enough for a tang? :D <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I stole that avatar... :D Tang is orange juice ? :confused:

Samw
09-21-2002, 02:12 AM
Just picked up a new 10G All-Glass tank and hood combo today for $35.

AJ_77
09-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Excellent - my Ocellaris has taken up residence in the new Hammer (the female anyway, the male is Not Allowed). Very cool behaviour for what I assumed were tank-raised fish, but told by a disreputable LFS that they were not.

Pics to follow. :D

Bob I
09-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Here is a quick update on mine. It is set up and running. I too use a AC Mini, and for now a Minijet 404. I have found that in the past the 404 plugs up very easily, and just stops running. There is a new one that is supposed to be better. Butt Ugly (my new Anemone) has moved off the rock he came in on, so I moved that rock into the nano for cycling purposes. This was done because it has what I think are Aiptasia on it. So I will use the rock for cycling until I can figure out what to do about the Aiptasia. I really don't want to get a Peppermint Shrimp as they get pesky. :eek:

BTW Alan that tank was $39.95 not $30.00. I don't know who made it. Pisces said it was 17 gallons, which is not true. They also had one that was 14" tall.

I was happy to get my PC light back, because the new nano gets a great deal of sunlight, and using two timers I can start the morning with blue light. Then daylight takes over, so I can finish the day for a few hours with all lights on, then close out with only blue. :D

[ 21 September 2002, 09:42: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]