PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Sept 29 Meet - Frag Swap/Sale!

Matt
09-21-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi,

I'm making sure I get there (and early, to ensure that a certain someone doesn't get all the cookies), and am offering this as the official swap/sale thread.

I will bring a frag or two of colt coral, which has been doing very well for us, along with a frag or two of zoos. I will bring some "boy scouts" and some green/silver zoos (which have been seen before, including in Dad's tank). With some coaxing, I could part with a frag of tubipora(pipe organ). I also have a GBTA clone that hasn't passed hands for a variety of reasons.

It hasn't been the best season for our tank, and frags are at an all-time low.

I'd like to find:
A frag-back of the anthelia we had last year - our mother colony died in our tank-break-crash in the spring and/or a bit of pink or white pulsing xenia.

Zoos...

And, like a magpie, anything else that catches my eye!

Matthew
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/MatthewA_01/greensilver.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/MatthewA_01/boyscouts.jpg

Kryten
09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Assuming I can make it (and I think I can) I will probably have a gsp rock and some pink xenia for sale/trade.

Matt
09-22-2006, 11:47 PM
There must be more and/or more interest? Nobody interested in the frags or GBTA I have available?

M

Beverly
09-23-2006, 12:10 AM
Matt,

I don't have any frags for the meeting, but would be interested in some of your green/silver zoos :)

Murminator
09-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I'll take a frag of the boy scouts

mark
09-23-2006, 05:40 PM
I've got lots of xenia I could get going but do have a problem with the tank, seems to have picked up some red acro bugs.

Matt
09-25-2006, 02:13 AM
I've got lots of xenia I could get going but do have a problem with the tank, seems to have picked up some red acro bugs.I don't have any acro anymore... are these things a problem for other SPS - and would they travel on Xenia?

To others, there must be more frags out there! Come on in!

kellehar
09-25-2006, 02:27 AM
just mushrooms right now

mark
09-25-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't have any acro anymore... are these things a problem for other SPS - and would they travel on Xenia?

Since noticing them been doing lots of reading. Seems that they only affect acros and how much is also subject for debate. Though they don't appear to host on xenia there is a possibility that some might hitchhike on the rock or in the water.

Personally think might be a risk taking cuttings if have acros, probably not a concern if running a softy tank (at least no acros).

Would be interested in the zoos also.

howdy20012002
09-25-2006, 04:52 AM
hey matt, I would definitely want some of your boyscouts
Not sure what you would want to trade for, but I have lots of things to offer..including those snails you had asked about..lol
LMK
thanks
Neal

Matt
09-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I'll bring three small! frags (~5 polyps) of boyscouts -- all called for. I couldn't get any larger frags off the colony. The rock they're on is very porous, and they didn't come off cleanly.

Safety4fire, Murminator and Howdy get them.

Bev, you called for some of the green/silver ones, but you already have those, I think. You need another frag?

I'm not going to bring colt, tubipora or the GBTA, as there hasn't been any interest.

Matt

Beverly
09-25-2006, 03:57 PM
Matt,

I have the zoos that came with GBTAs from Calgary way back when. Are these the Boy Scout zoos or the green/silver ones? I think they're the Boy Scout zoos, but please correct me if I'm mistaken. TIA :)

Beverly
09-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Matt,

Had a look at Xtasia's Boy Scout zoos, and they are not the ones I have. I must have the green/silver ones, so please put me down for a large (if possible) frag of the Boy Scouts. TIA :)

Matt
09-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Matt,

I have the zoos that came with GBTAs from Calgary way back when. Are these the Boy Scout zoos or the green/silver ones? I think they're the Boy Scout zoos, but please correct me if I'm mistaken. TIA :)The green/silver ones are the ones we got from Calgary. If you look at my first post in this thread, the boyscouts are the peach/blue/olive ones. FWIW, Xtasias boyscouts are either a different spp. (likely) or are photographed under some extremely blue lights. The photo I attached above is most like the natural colours I see (under my 10K Ushio).

All that said, the boyscout frags are spoken for. I'll look again to see if there is another frag to be had, but I had to do some significant disassembly to get at them this time, and I'm not keen to repeat. If another one breaks free, I'll bring it for you.

Matt

Beverly
09-25-2006, 09:19 PM
No worries, Matt. If you have none left this time, that's okay. Don't go to any extra trouble. There will always be a next time :)

Dad
09-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Hi all I have pink xenia,GBTA,GSP, and mushrooms if anyone is interested.
joe

Murminator
09-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Hi all I have pink xenia,GBTA,GSP, and mushrooms if anyone is interested.
joe

What color of shrooms diddy???

fishguyxd
09-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Hey Matt
I would like to put my order in for next time down the line for some zoos

$$ deal (I assume that method works)
I do not have squat to trade.

signed Al

Kryten
09-29-2006, 06:17 PM
So any interest in a gsp rock and a pink xenia frag? The xenia came from Bill, so if you've seen his, you've seen mine. If not I won't bother bringing them tonight.

Matt
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi,

I'll buy/trade a frag of the pink xenia.

Matt

Kryten
09-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Ok, I'll bring it with. Will you be there pretty much right at 7? I can't stay all that long - like an hour maybe.