PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ecotech Vortech

Jaws
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
I've got two ecotech vortechs running on my 180G tank right now that I'm very happy with. The only thing I'm struggling with right now is the placement. In the start I had the pumps in the front of the tank at each end pointing directly at eachother. This was ok but it wasn’t doing much justice for the corals at the back of the tank and was blowing the sand around like crazy in the middle of the front of the tank. I’m not able to put one pump at the front of the tank on one end and the other pump at the back of the tank on the other end because of the aquascaping angling upwards the further back you go in the tank. I’ve found that placing them in the middle at each end of the tank is the absolute ideal position for both the pumps. The only problem is I have an external overflow on one end of the tank which prohibits me from putting the pump in there because the external motor piece will get wet which is very bad for the pump. I need to find a way to either redirect the overflowing water so it's not running down right on top of the motor or find a way to cover the motor and protect it from getting wet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Joe Reefer
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Trade one in for a tunze stream. :mrgreen:

niloc16
09-20-2006, 11:25 PM
im pretty sure sure they sell wedges for the pumps to angle the output. if they arent on the market now i believe they are going to be. you wont be able to angle them at 45 degrees or anything but i dont think it would take much.