PDA

View Full Version : PURA NitrateLock

chwkreefer
09-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Has anyone used this product? Here's a snippet of info from their website.

http://www.magnavore.com/Images/pn500-s.jpg

http://www.magnavore.com/media.html

Selective Ion Exchange Resin For Nitrate Removal

PÛRA NitrateLock rapidly removes and maintains extremely low to non-measurable levels of nitrates in fresh and salt-water aquariums. Long lasting, can be regenerated 100's of times. Drastically reduces number of necessary water changes. Regeneration is accomplished with plain table salt, quick and completely safe.

500 mL of PŪRA NitrateLock will remove up to 19,000 mg and 1 L of the media will remove up to 38,000 mg of nitrates

WHAT IS IT?
Selective ion exchange resin for nitrates removal.
COMPOSITION:
Styrene anion resin with quaternary functional group in spherical beads form.
PURPOSE:
To be used in fresh and salt water aquariums to remove large quantities of nitrates.
BENEFITS:
Rapidly removes and maintains extremely low to non-measurable levels of nitrates in fresh and salt-water aquariums. Long lasting, can be regenerated 100’s of times. Drastically reduces number of necessary water changes. Regeneration is accomplished with plain table salt, quick and completely safe.

Convenient to implement, comes with a 6" x 12" 300-micron media bag and is available in two sizes:

500 ml - treats 50 Gal tank for up to 24 months
1 L - treats 100 Gal tank for up to 24 months

Bill

Chad
09-20-2006, 09:48 PM
I used it, noticed no difference. Its in my bin of used only once products :)

And this part always had me stumped "Regeneration is accomplished with plain table salt"

Since our tanks are salt water you'd think it was constantly regenerating. Unless they need iodized salt or something.

Quagmire
09-20-2006, 11:26 PM
Convenient to implement, comes with a 6" x 12" 300-micron media bag and is available in two sizes:

500 ml - treats 50 Gal tank for up to 24 months
1 L - treats 100 Gal tank for up to 24 months

Bill

Never used it,but my rule of thumb is,if its so easy that its too good to be true,then it probably is.

chwkreefer
09-21-2006, 12:09 AM
And this part always had me stumped "Regeneration is accomplished with plain table salt"

Since our tanks are salt water you'd think it was constantly regenerating. Unless they need iodized salt or something.

I thought the same thing Chad. It sounded interesting but the regenerating in salt water was the red flag for me.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Much appreciated.