PDA

View Full Version : Pruning Xenia

Kryten
09-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Well the time has come to cut back my xenia. Is it ok to just cut off stalks while they're still in the tank, or do I have to take the rock(s) out first? And what is the best way to cut them, a razor blade? Would scissors work?

P.S.
xenia for-sale post coming soon...

Thanks,

muck
09-18-2006, 08:35 PM
Steve,

Try using your fingernail and pry the stalks off the rock. A small screwdriver would work as well. If you cut the stalks with a knife or scissors they will grow back in no time.. :surprise:

Murminator
09-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Close your eyes and hack away can't kill it I use sissors and then try to glue or use a needle and fishing line and sew them to the plug. I found an easy way place a whole bunch of frag plugs against it and in a few weeks just rip them off no gluing or cutting involoved :mrgreen:

Kryten
09-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Thanks guys. Good idea about resting frag plugs against it Murray, I may give that a try as well. Some of the pruning I need to do involves cutting a smaller stalk off of the main piece, not gettting it off of a rock. Still okay to just 'hack away'?

muck
09-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Should be fine Steve.

I can bring my machete over.. :mrgreen:

GMGQ
09-19-2006, 01:18 AM
FYI, xenia's got the consistency of raw oysters. I have it on my glass, so I can just 'scrape' them off with a blade. Still slimy though >_<