PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Newtious
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Im new to reef tanks so all the help i can get is appreaciated. Im wondering if there are monthly meetings or groop orderings for supplies. Im currently into fresh water and will be keeping some tanks fresh but im going to switch my main tank to salt (90G) i will be researching best types of things to use like salt and sand but if anyone knows a link to an area i should know about or information on specific things most beginners have problems with id love to know about it

thanks
Antoine

Quagmire
09-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi check out the library here on Canreef,lots of great info.Also check the just starting out section of the library here

http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=51

surgeonfish
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the saltwater community. I'm no expert but my recommendation would be to go slow, add fish/inverts/coral etc one at a time and research each animal before purchasing. Don't always depend on what the LFS has to say about how easy it is to keep or that it is always compatible with inverts or corals.
Good luck

Ruth
09-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi and :smilecol: WELCOME to Canreef. Like Quagmire said check out the reference library and ask all the questions you like. As the old saying goes - the only dumb questions are the ones you don't ask!