PDA

View Full Version : New EVC bulb blew!

OCDP
09-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Well that sucks... I just bought it like two weeks ago, not even. I came upstairs and it was just very very dull.. thankfully I had the Hamilton 14k as spare. I am also relieved that it was not the ballast..

But.. I am just wondering, assuming that it's a no, but am I able to call the LFS for any kind of refund?? Like, $150... pop. It wasn't hte bulb itself that blew, but the metal part in the inside was off and the bulb has a cloudy look to it overall. I can take a pic if need be. I didn't touch the bulb once , so I am not sure what caused it to blew.

However, I just noticed.. but damn my Hamilton is really bright compared to the other.. I just had way better colour in my corals.

Psyire
09-12-2006, 02:37 AM
If your LFS won't take care of you, then Vince at Ocean Encounter definately will. I would try your LFS first though, there is no way that should happen.

albert_dao
09-12-2006, 02:46 AM
You should be able to get a refund on a defective product provided you still have the receipt.

OCDP
09-12-2006, 02:48 AM
You should be able to get a refund on a defective product provided you still have the receipt.

Cool, thanks guys.. I'll try the LFS. I do have the receipt :mrgreen:

albert_dao
09-12-2006, 03:02 AM
And if they don't, well, then you're owned, lol.

OCDP
09-12-2006, 04:40 AM
And if they don't, well, then you're owned, lol.

Pretty much..

OCDP
09-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Spoke with the LFS... the bulb can be exchanged :biggrin: Phewph..