PDA

View Full Version : WTB zoos and frogspawn Edmonton

Cam
09-12-2006, 01:02 AM
If anyone has zoos or a frogspawn frag or any other really bright soft corals that they are selling in edmonton.
Cam

Osiris
09-12-2006, 02:28 AM
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=444

Careful with corals and the Flame Angel

mwarf
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
I saw frogspawn at Aquarium Enthusiasts last week. Contact MedicDude and see if he still has 'em.

M.

Beverly
09-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Careful with corals and the Flame Angel

Yikes! I just looked at Cam's signature. He's got that flame angel in a 20g :sad: Cam, IME, all of the dwarf angels need at least a 3' tank, and a 4' tank is even better. These fish are fabulous swimmers and need lots of open space as well as lots of tunnels throughout the rockwork.

Also, if this was my 20g, I'd probably only have two or three small fish in it to keep the bioload low enough for such a small tank.

Cam
09-12-2006, 07:11 PM
True the flame does need a bigger tank, but i just got him so hes still really small and im in the midst of setting up a 45 gallon.

Murminator
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
What about that c.c star thought they liked eatin corals also

Beverly
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Cam,

Even a 45g is going to be too small over the long term for a robust dwarf angel, IME.

Joe Reefer
09-12-2006, 08:49 PM
What about that c.c star thought they liked eatin corals also

CC Starfish are not reef safe.

bnhreef
09-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Hey all,

Give Cam a break. The guy was looking for something to buy, not advise. If he asked, "is my tank too small for a flame angel?" answer him. If he asked, "is a chocolate chip seastar reef safe?" answer him.

Everyone is an expert, and yet we all experience events in the hobby that defy common opinion. Think about Mr.Alberta and his powder blue tang. He found out that it was not a good idea for him and passed the advise along. Now, does this mean that we all stop attempting to add powder blue's to our tanks? No, we get informed and then we try.

If Cam has found success in keeping a Flame Angel in a 20 Gal, cool.

My point, let's not be "Post Addicts." Respond when asked a question. Don't whore your responses just so you can feel needed in this little community of ours.

Take care everyone

j-roc
09-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Question here: If someone is housing a fish in a inappropriate tank, Is it not our duty to inform that person of the possible problems of doing that?

Mabey that person had no idea that this perticular fish needed a larger tank and would be happy to know otherwise.

Murminator
09-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Gee I wish if I was to buy corals and put them in a tank with coral eaters I hope people step up and tell me I'm throwing money away:rolleyes:

bnhreef
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey,

Did anyone think to ask Cam why he wanted to add corals to his tank? Maybe he wanted the corals to feed his lovely chocolate chip starfish. Everyone just pounced on him.

Joe Reefer
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Did anyone think to ask Cam why he wanted to add corals to his tank? Maybe he wanted the corals to feed his lovely chocolate chip starfish. Everyone just pounced on him.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/lyohemas/Gifs/rolleyes.gif
Who can afford to feed live coral to anything!

Cam my advice to you is get rid of the CC star if your planning on having a reef. When the time comes and there is coral in your tank, watch the angel because they are known to nip at corals.

Murminator
09-14-2006, 12:14 AM
Hey,

You are absolutly right....
Cam I will be moving into my new tank sometimes soon I hope :redface: I usually have an endless supply of brown zoo frags I'll sell ya

safety4fire
09-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I will have some bright orange zoo frags in the next couple of months, I will give some to you, I don't believe we should all be capitalists, I enjoy helping new people to this hobby, as it can get very expensive. I would not recommend brown zoo frags as they don't add much value to your tank.
I hope you like the frogspawn, Urchin, and Conch I gave you the other day.

My 2 bits

BeverIy
09-16-2006, 10:39 PM
I have 3 snails, 2 Hermit Crabs, some algae if you want it.:lol: