PDA

View Full Version : ich?

zoomin
09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I think i might have an ich problem.

My Green Clown (Coral) Goby took a nasty trip down to the sump, and he died 10 days later. His colour started to fade and he got fluffy, fungussy bits on his fins. and eventually started to respirate heavily before dieing. I caught it way to late to do anything about it.

Now, my clowns seem to be fading too and they have what looks like a white, salty powder on their backs. My small Powder Blue tang seems to have little bits of the fluff on it's pectoral fins. They are all eating helthily and not acting strange though.

I am scouring reefcentral to match symptoms but it is not easy.

A couple quesions I do have:

Is there anywhere(anyone) in Victoria with quarantine services? I can't see myself being able to setup a quarantine tank for 6 fish in time.

The only additions I have made to the tank in the last few months have been powder blue and green chromis from two different LFSs. If these fish brought ich or another disease with them, then wouldn't the LFSs that I bought them from have some serious troubles in their tanks?

adidas
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
if they are eating well, start soaking their food in selcon and garlic. works awesome for me

zoomin
09-11-2006, 06:47 PM
thanks, I am doing this.

I got some Kyolic odour-free garlic drops from the Health food store ($$$ !).

Running out of Selcon - going to re-order today.

-- edit - sloppy typing

fishmanty
09-11-2006, 11:54 PM
What exactly is selcon? And the garlic, can it be powered, or is liquid the only option?

niloc16
09-12-2006, 12:14 AM
selcon is a vitamin base liquid that you soak into your food, the garlic is liquid, dont use the garlic powder that you cook with. you can make your own garlic liquid, but removing the skins and crushing up garlic cloves, add a little bit of RO/DI water and mix, let it sit for a day or so and just remove the liquid from this

adidas
09-12-2006, 04:43 AM
since i started selcon, i've seen my guys fight through a couple near outbreaks. i've been soaking food in it for 3 months. great stuff!