PDA

View Full Version : The Lion Feeds tonight

Glennrf38
09-07-2006, 02:33 AM
I just got a fuzzy dwarf lion and he is so cuddly. He just likes to be held.......NOT.

I have him in my 29 gallon reef with some corals and 2 clowns and a flame wrasse. I got him on Saturday. He is feeding out of the net with live feeders now. When I put the net in he comes right over to investigate and BAM the feeder is nowhere to be found. I videoed him tonight and you can just barely see him attack even on video. If anyone is interested I will try to upload the video.

With the speed he puts on I can see why anything that will fit in his mouth goes there.

Glenn

albert_dao
09-07-2006, 03:15 AM
Might be a little early, but you could give the dead food thing a tenative try.

Glennrf38
09-07-2006, 03:19 AM
What dead food should I give it? I'm a pretty good cook you know........ Still have a couple of feeders left for tomorrow night.

Molino
09-07-2006, 03:46 AM
I just got a fuzzy dwarf lion and he is so cuddly. He just likes to be held.......NOT.
Yah, with a name like Fuzzy Dwarf Lion, you'd think they'd be cuddly :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Guess not.

edit: The video would be cool if you can upload it!!

Glennrf38
09-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Gotta reload the software for the camera.

midgetwaiter
09-07-2006, 04:41 AM
The way I usally do this is get some small skewers like they use to do pot stickers. I go from live free swimming food to impaled but flopping around food, then dead but fresh food and finally frozen / thawed. Once your fish is ued to eating off the stick you can get them onto other things like krill and such which is much better for them in the long run.

Glennrf38
09-07-2006, 04:44 AM
The way I usally do this is get some small skewers like they use to do pot stickers. I go from live free swimming food to impaled but flopping around food, then dead but fresh food and finally frozen / thawed. Once your fish is ued to eating off the stick you can get them onto other things like krill and such which is much better for them in the long run.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Glennrf38
09-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I found the software so here is a link to the lion feeding movie.

feedingtime.mpg (http://www.warops.com/aquarium/feedingtime.mpg)

Yah, with a name like Fuzzy Dwarf Lion, you'd think they'd be cuddly :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: Guess not.

edit: The video would be cool if you can upload it!!

Molino
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Nice video! :smile:

Glennrf38
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Nice video! :smile:

Thanks