PDA

View Full Version : yellow tang feeding

Godfry
09-06-2006, 01:02 AM
I have had a yellow tang for about 6 months now and he seem pale in color and his fins don't seem to be growing properly. Im wondering if I could or should be feeding him something different. Ive always fed my fish frozen brine and Mysis shrimp, all my other fish seem to thrive on this but not the tang. Any suggestions? (my other fish are 2 clowns, Dragon Gobey and blue stipe gobey)

Ruth
09-06-2006, 01:19 AM
Tangs are herbavores(sp) and need some green. I feed mine nori sheets as well as spiralina flakes in addition to mysis shrimp and homemade "goop" that consists of a mix of frozen seafood, cyclopeeze, whatever flakes I have, NSL pellets, nori, garlic and selcon.....and whatever else I throw in there.

bulletsworld
09-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Tangs are herbivores and need thier greens, green or purple nori sheets, I found my tangs liked.

Another great food I loved is Spiralina Flakes. I noticed a big difference in the brighter coloration & growth in all my tangs. I havn't found a tang that hasn't loved it yet.

Then the odd time I feed them Mysis, ect.

howdy20012002
09-06-2006, 03:46 AM
U can get the Nori sheets (AKA sushi wrap) at superstore 20 sheets for around 3 bucks. this is alot cheaper than the stuff and the stores and it is the same stuff unless you go for the high end stuff.
Make sure you don't get the salted or flavoured type
I feed my yellow tang, regal tang, purple tang and Kole tang this and they love it
(yes I have them all in different tanks..before anyone says anything about that...lol)
As well, some of my other fish love it. My cleaner Wrasses go nuts over it.
Brine shrimp, BTW, although fish love it, is junk.
Unless it is enriched it is like feeding your fish chocolate.