PDA

View Full Version : PolyLab Reef-Roids

littlesilvermax
09-06-2006, 12:04 AM
Any experience with reef roids or other products like system reef refresh from polylabs with SPS?

I only really want to know what it has done for color, I already have runaway growth, but would like to tweak my color a bit if possible,

Funky_Fish14
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
I havent really paid much attention to my SPS lately:redface:

But I can say my 3 gorgonians(Including an un-common Blueberry Acalycigogia sp. from Sulawesi) are doing absolutely amazingly with my use of Reef-Roids!

Farrmanchu
09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I'd like to try them, "PUMP UP THE CORALS". Being a Vendor, why not hit Polylabs up for some samples. If it's not too pricey, I'll buy some.
BTW, you're light intensity may be the coloration culprit, the SPS frag I got from you looks totally different once growing under my lights, probably doesn't grow as fast for me though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Farrman/fe016c37.jpg
I think you have this Acro somewhere in the left half of your display.

Joe Reefer
09-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I never used the free sample they mailed out a while back. LMK I could send it to you in the mail.

littlesilvermax
09-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I never used the free sample they mailed out a while back. LMK I could send it to you in the mail.

What is it, the roids, or the 4 pack reef refresh?

littlesilvermax
09-07-2006, 01:56 PM
I'd like to try them, "PUMP UP THE CORALS". Being a Vendor, why not hit Polylabs up for some samples. If it's not too pricey, I'll buy some.
BTW, you're light intensity may be the coloration culprit, the SPS frag I got from you looks totally different once growing under my lights, probably doesn't grow as fast for me though.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Farrman/fe016c37.jpg
I think you have this Acro somewhere in the left half of your display.

Has it gotten a lot bluer?

Joe Reefer
09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
What is it, the roids, or the 4 pack reef refresh?

Roids, its a small sample but enough to see how it works.

Farrmanchu
09-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Has it gotten a lot bluer?
No, Green, but still continues to change in intensity, maybe end up Blue?

littlesilvermax
09-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Roids, its a small sample but enough to see how it works.

It would be interesting. Sure.

I don't know how much good it would do because it is not designed for SPS, and my tank is pretty much all SPS.

Quinster
09-07-2006, 10:25 PM
As stated on their site it is more for filter feeding corals (Goniopora, Zoanthids, Mushrooms and Ricordia) rather than SPS. I use it regularly on both my tanks and while I don't notice much change in my SPS, all the corals in my 75G LPS and softie tank show great growth and coloration. I see response from all the corals in that tank when added, my donut coral almost turns inside out to grab as much as possible as it feeds. As stated I do add small amounts to my 180G for my Corky Finger Gorgonia, Cup corals and Moons I have in there, they all respond to it when added as well.

HTH