PDA

View Full Version : 140G Upgrade

BCWolfen
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
So, I'm picking up Zerandise's 140G in the next week or so to U/G from my 90. I want to go more towards FOWLR but plan to keep my crabs and snails and avoid fish that eat them. I will also have some softies but do not plan on having any SPS. I currently have a 2" sandbed and really like the look of it. I also have 2 tigertail Cukes, 1 green and 1 brown bristle star. Everything I've been reading seems to be turning towards BB tanks. While I do not mind the look of BB I know for sure I would have to find homes for the Cukes. Would I have to find homes for the B'Stars as well?

I plan on cooking my rock and would be cleaning all the sand before transfering it to the new tank. Is BB really that much better or can I keep my sand?

danny zubot
09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Are we talking brittle stars or Bristle stars? I've never seen the little brittle stars on the sand, so I'm assuming you meant bristle stars. I'm not an expert but I think they should be fine without a sandbed.

BCWolfen
09-05-2006, 08:36 PM
My bad, fingers not keeping up with the brain. Yes I meant Bristle not Brittle. My brown likes to hang around in his cave and the green is always trucking around so I think they would be ok....