PDA

View Full Version : PH meter + sump = need new PH meter

Jason McK
09-05-2006, 06:02 PM
ya I dropped my American Marine PH meter in my sump. Cleaned it off blew it dry and let it sit over night. Unless I always want a PH of -1.0, I think it's toast. Locally is seems only American Marine are being sold. Are there any others meters I should look into. Even through online purchase?

J

danny zubot
09-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Pin point are really good, but they are more expensive. Especially when you need to replace the probe, every other year.

Jason McK
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Ya Sorry American Marine and pinpoint are the same thing

J

danny zubot
09-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Oh ya, I should know that, sorry.:lol:

Squiddy
09-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Ohh no! You should have made sure the power was disconnected and let it sit in fresh water and then dry it out fully. Might have come to life again.

Ruth
09-05-2006, 07:10 PM
I have both pin point and Milwaukee and find them both to be good. Milwaukee I have bought on e-bay but have never looked for pin point there.

Jason McK
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Oh ya e-bay

Let's see

J

Chad
09-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I use the Milwaukee SM122 myself. Its a PH controller. I use it for Kalk as well.. I modified the unit a bit so it has a closed circuit when the PH falls below a certain value instead of above.

Seems to be very accurate as well (the PH probe)

christyf5
09-07-2006, 06:13 PM
I did the same thing to mine about 2 weeks after I bought it. I managed to resurrect it for a short while but eventually it went down the crapper (steady pH of 11.6). I just bought the milwaukee PH52 (its a one piece unit not continuous read though unless you strap it in somewhere). Its completely waterproof (so far but I haven't fully dunked it in) and wasn't too expensive. I got it here on the Island but I bet Wendell carries them.

kwirky
09-08-2006, 12:15 AM
I use the Milwaukee SM122 myself. Its a PH controller. I use it for Kalk as well.. I modified the unit a bit so it has a closed circuit when the PH falls below a certain value instead of above.

Seems to be very accurate as well (the PH probe)

i have the same unit (for a planted tank I was going to set up), and I find it very helpful. I just look at the monitor.

and yeah, a relay can make it trip whe pH falls below a certain value, instead of up.