PDA

View Full Version : CS 250 Euro reef over flowing

Skimmerking
09-05-2006, 02:50 AM
Well you think you have every angle licked in ths hobby. And bam you get hit with another unknow mystery:rolleyes: .
This is the problem I have a 170 gal with a 20 gal refugium grwoing 5 mangroves and 2 types of algae and its growing with the help of a 175 MH ushio powered by icecap.

In the main display tank its lighting is 2x 400 14 sunaquatics. the power house is the Euroreef CS250 with Dual sp3's. running ozone at about 70-80 Mg and orp reading is sitting at 360-70.

Now the problem is the skimmer started to over flow today I have the gate valve mod on the skimmer and it's wide open and still its overflowing. I noticed the the ozone is resticting the air flow from one of the pumps, but that is to be expected.

Why is my skimmer over flowing Have I taken all the nutrients out of the tank NO3 NO4 NO2 from the system. ??????????????

Can some one expalin this SO as of now I have take n the skimmer off line.

Scales
09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Mike: I can't explain with certainty why your skimmer is overflowing, but the water level in my ER (dual pumps) will rise quickly and overflow if there is any restriction on the air flow. This happens when I run FW/vinegar through the air lines as maintenance...the overfowing can be duplicated by simply putting my thumb over the end of one of the the air tubes. I suspect (without any technical data to support my hypothesis) that the restriction of the air results in a corresponding increase in the water flow to an extent that cannot be handled by the skimmer effluent plumbing...but I am just as likely "out to lunch" with this theory. Perhaps try to attach the O3 in a manner that does not resut in restriction (I cannot offer any constructive help in this regard as I do not run O3). Cheers.

Skimmerking
09-06-2006, 09:00 PM
Well i took the skimmer offline and took it all apart and put it back in. And like nothing ever happened the skimmer is running perfect..

Jaws
09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Dual sp3's? Are those the pumps? I've had that happen to mine a couple times too. For me it usually means that something has accidentally got into the water either through the air or by my hands. If you do have dual pumps then just run one for the time being. If I run one pump for a few hours that is usually enough to remove some of whatever I put into the water so I can plug the other pump back in without overflowing. Glad to hear it's working again. They're great skimmers.