PDA

View Full Version : Little Oceans

Sammy
09-01-2006, 12:50 AM
Howdy all,

Little oceans has a nice shipment of livestock comming in tonight. They are located in the House of tools plaza on 50th Street & 82nd Ave. Couple noteworthy fish comming in are Chevron tangs and Hawaiian Cleaner Wrasse.
They wont last long so get dibs on them quick.

CHeers,

Sammy

fishguyxd
09-11-2006, 10:11 PM
Went there on the weekend nice little place p/u a fish and anomone all ok
I hear when he get a shipment it's gone quick.

Veng68
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
don't buy the cleaner wrasse........ they will not live.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Psyire
09-12-2006, 02:38 AM
y?

Sammy
09-12-2006, 04:59 AM
I bought my only cleaner wrasse from Them roughly six months ago and he is thriving on new life spectrum. He also eats mysis shrimp.

Cheers,

Sammy

Veng68
09-12-2006, 07:04 AM
They will not get enough food and will starve. They eat parasites and even with what we stock in a heavily stocked aquarium........ they will not get enough food.

http://www.aquahobby.com/marine/e_cleaner_2.php

It's better to keep them in the oceans I think.

Sammy.......... it's good the he has lived for 6 months but I've heard tell of them not lasting long in capivity. 6 months is a very short time. If that fish lasts 2+ years........ you have to write an article about the care you are giving it.

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

Sammy
09-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Howdy,

Unfortunalty alot of the info you find on the net regarding reef tanks and species kept in them is old info. Not only is my wrasse Thriving on NLS he has doubled in size. My Cleaner wrasse eats everything I put in the tank starting with New Life Spectrum(flake & .25mm pellets), Ocean Nutrition green marine algae (He is like a little pitbull when attacking this stuff), PEI mysis, brine shrimp and AI's juiced-up. Also I havent had any signs of parisites (ick ect..) in my tank for over 5months.

*Tip* Believe HALF of what you see and NONE of what you hear cause the only thing thats a sure 100% guarentee in this world is Death, oh and maybe Taxes.

HTH,

Sammy

Dad
09-14-2006, 09:33 PM
I had one and it died in about 4 months

Veng68
09-14-2006, 10:59 PM
I'll reserve jusdgement till more success has been reported.

I still think that the cleaner wrasse should not be in our tanks.

Cheers,
Vic[veng68]

b_james
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
I had a cleaner wrasse that lived a for about 2.5 years with good success - He ending up getting killed by a mantis as he had a huge slash across his neck. However, he too would eat all foods I introduced to the tank. I anything he seem to be more interested real food than parasites. He has a great eater but a sh*tty cleaner.:biggrin:

Sammy, If your wrasse is eating, I dont think you have anything to worry about.

Fishfanatic
09-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I too have had good sucess so far with a cleaner wrasse I have had mine over 6 months and he eats everything I put in the tank.