PDA

View Full Version : bulkheads in calgary

JOSH
08-30-2006, 03:34 AM
where do you guys go to get your bulk heads in calgary.

and does anyone have a good layout of what bulkheads to buy to hook up a canister filter through the bottom of you tank?

Chin_Lee
08-30-2006, 03:50 AM
for the intake (tank to canister)
i would go for 1" for the intake and reduce if required. From inside the tank to the canister:
1" threaded strainer fitting
1" bulkhead
1" ball valve
1" union slip x slip
1" slip x female adaptor
1" male x barb
1" hose clamp
1" tubing from the barb to your canister

For the return (canister to tank)
double up the above list and do the exact same thing without the threaded strainer fitting
If you want to direct the flow back into the tank, buy a 1" slip x male adaptor to screw into the bulkhead then a 90 or 45 degree elbow.

Make sure you have some 1" PVC to use to connect these pieces together

The above noted parts are readily available at Home Depot/Rona. But note that some shortcuts can be done if you know what to look for at some other specialty plumbing supply stores. (IE threaded unions)

hope that helps

Quagmire
08-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Last time I needed bulkheads,I picked them up at Golds.Can't remember the price,but it was cheaper than other places in town Ive bought them from.Better call to see if they have them in before hand.
As for Chins list,I think you can get most if not all the parts from Plumbateria(Close to McLeod tr and 42ave)Bulkheads were quite a bit more expencive there than Golds,so it may pay off to shop around a bit.

albert_dao
08-30-2006, 04:04 AM
You can get most of that stuff from the trunk of my car, lol.

kari
08-30-2006, 02:06 PM
If space is not an issue consider using shed80 bulkhead fittings.

BMW Rider
08-30-2006, 07:19 PM
You can get most of that stuff from the trunk of my car, lol.

Do we have to meet in a darkened alley and know a code phrase. :razz: :razz:

albert_dao
08-31-2006, 04:07 AM
LoL?

No, but you do need to bring the blood.