PDA

View Full Version : Need Stuff for new tank

Dez
04-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Hey,

I'm setting up a new 42 Gallon tank and I'm looking for a return pump....maybe about 300 t0 400 gallons per hour... It's going to be a F/O so I won't need much current. Setting up a refugium/ecosystem in the sump to grow out corals. Anybody got any pumps or strong powerheads sitting around? Can trade for frags as well. I'm also looking for a sand bed, just about an inch or so to cover a 30" x 18" tank.. Also, a 24" flourescent, or PC light for the refugium? A light for 30"inch tank... (any flourescent will do because it's a f/0.... Can anyone spare a little bit of miracle mud? and Algae later on? Let me know...thanks..

des

jgoldsney
04-15-2002, 02:54 PM
I have a little Giant pump for sale in the for sale area. :D

If you are pumping from a sump you will probubly get 500 gph (you could always reduce the flow by branching of and recirculating to the sump

Joel

Dez
04-16-2002, 12:54 PM
Toast_man...

Thanks for the tip...I've got a little giant already but they are loud... I don't really like em even though they sure pump lots of water.. Like I said, I don't need much current...it's a FO tank. Thank you...keep me posted if you run into anything else..

des

djbravoleader
04-16-2002, 03:33 PM
Hi Dez, are you going to still want those frags that I have?? I need to get rid of some of the Xenia, my little basket is starting to fill.

eli@fijireefrock.com
04-16-2002, 03:38 PM
hi djbravoleader
i am interested in some of the xenia maybe a switch with Dez

AJ_77
04-16-2002, 05:01 PM
If any of your xenia (it's pink, right?) is making it down to Calgary, I'd be happy to get a stalk.

Can I trade for future considerations? (Just starting out. smile.gif )

Cheers,
AJ

djbravoleader
04-18-2002, 02:21 AM
Any one wants some of the Xenia just e-mail me and i will either e-mail you back with my address for pick up or put you on a list for when I get more.