PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need to borrow a DE 250

Delphinus
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
Came back from a week away to find my 250W DE light stopped lighting up in my absence. My tank is esconsed in darkness. :sad: Apparently it worked fine on Saturday, but on Sunday wouldn't light up. I played around with it a little today and indeed, can't get it to light.

Can someone lend me a 250W light to help me diagnose the problem? I suspect it is the bulb but before I order a replacement, I should confirm that the ballast is working OK.

Ideally, someone could lend me a spare bulb for a couple of days, but failing that, if someone had a bulb that I could just use to test fire the ballast for a few minutes, that would work too. Please let me know ASAP if you can help out, I'm desperate!

Thanks!

AJ_77
08-28-2006, 11:12 PM
My tank is esconsed in darkness.
ensconced (I know - you're in a flap...)

try Deb? she's really close to you. :wink:

AndyL
08-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Unless one of you guys is closer, think we'll have this dealt with tonight.

Delphinus
08-29-2006, 05:11 AM
And we did! Thanks Andy!

OCDP
08-29-2006, 05:19 AM
So what went wrong with your lights Tony??

Get it fixed?

Delphinus
08-29-2006, 05:29 AM
Dunno what happened, just wouldn't light up anymore. The lamp looked fine, no discoloration or anything that would suggest it was kaput. But at least I've confirmed now that the ballast is OK so I just need to order a replacement bulb. Just an unplanned purchase though, I kinda wanted to save up for different reef toys. :(

OCDP
08-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Dunno what happened, just wouldn't light up anymore. The lamp looked fine, no discoloration or anything that would suggest it was kaput. But at least I've confirmed now that the ballast is OK so I just need to order a replacement bulb. Just an unplanned purchase though, I kinda wanted to save up for different reef toys. :(

Hm, Tony I have a 4 and a half month (or so) old 14k Hamilton I could sell to you for cheap. I just bought a brand new 14k EVC today. I could use the other as backup, but if you'd like a bulb sooner, and want to save a few bucks let me know.

AndyL
08-29-2006, 06:27 AM
LMAO - who said my packrat nature doesn't come in handy occasionaly :lol:

Feel free to borrow it as long as ya need it tony (I don't own a 250 DE to run it in).