PDA

View Full Version : Started ZEOvit

Jason McK
08-28-2006, 08:06 PM
So I began to use the ZEOvit system on my new 370G tank. Unfortunately a comparison of coral health and colouration will be difficult do to so many other variables. Like moving from 75G to 370G, 250W to 400W. and so on.

I will try to assess any improvement despite the differences.

I am currently only using the components that aid in nutrient reduction and none of the supplements. As I am in the very beginning stages of the ZEO

If you are interested in more info I would be happy to share my current experience

It is great to find a local source now for ZEO as Hidden Reef is now carrying all of the components

Jason

niloc16
08-28-2006, 09:38 PM
i'd like to hear more about it if you dont mind

Jason McK
08-28-2006, 10:03 PM
This link best discribes the ZEOvit system.

ZEOvit (http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ca/cav1i3/zeovit/Zeovit_system/zeovit.htm)

christyf5
08-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Jason,

What components of it are you using? About how much did it cost you to get setup and per month to continue?

Thanks
Christy :)

muck
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Keep us updated Jason..

I've been following a few threads on other boards with much interest as well. :wink:

albert_dao
08-29-2006, 03:38 AM
I've been using it for over four months now. Clear water + no agae = win.

Its on promotional now, so you could start for roughly the same price as a big Ehiem canister filter ($300 -$350 range).

Quagmire
08-29-2006, 03:46 AM
I thought about giving it a try,but from reading their page a big skimmer is part of the plan.Im more of a small skimmer big waterchange person.But some of those tanks look fantastic.

fishface
10-29-2006, 06:56 PM
bump? Jason? :) 2 months after starting zeovit...

Jason McK
10-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks Fish face.

Well 2 months in and I can say I am at zero Nitrates. The Polyp extension of all my corals continue to blow me away. SPS colour remains deep and rich. One or two have had improvments in colour but I would have to say I liked the colour of my coral to begin with.
I am currently using
ZEOlit ( the rock that goes in the reactor)
ZEOBak
ZEOFood7
ZEOStart2

These are consitered the Basic 4. I will wait another month or so before entertaining any other suppliments

I will have to admit the cost of ZEOvit and the fact that not many people are running it and it is hard to find, may force me out of it altogether.

J

support@proline
10-29-2006, 10:46 PM
Jason glad to hear things are working out ,keep in mind that the more established your system on Zeovit the less of the products you have to use ,I am dosing point 0.3 ml of Zeostart in a 100 gal net water a bottle last me a year .
Also as for the media Your intervals could be every 2 months or longer once you have achieved low nutrient ,so the cost will drop in time
Zeobak & Zeofood also will be dosed as needed ,give me a call sometimes end of next week I will give you a run down of your new dosing amount.
Also You will not need to use ozone ,phosphate media/reactor ,.... so that is some saving as well & the results will speak for itself.
I'll speak to you soon
J

Jason McK
10-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Sounds good Jason. I'll call you next week. Hope your recovering quickly and will little hastles

J

support@proline
10-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks J
I am feeling better ,I'll speak to you soon

Tom R
10-29-2006, 11:50 PM
Hi Jason

I am very interested in the Zeovit system. I looked into the cost of Reef-resh by Polylab and it was going to cost between $1200 and $1800 per year for my system. It sounds like Zeovit will be cheaper. Does Hidden Reef stock everything you need to get started? I would like to meet with you and to see what is required to get started.

Tom R

Jason McK
10-30-2006, 12:07 AM
Sure Tom. I know Mike at Hidden Reef can put together a package that will incude everything you will need to get started. I usually call him during the week and he can have what I need by the week end. He is also shipping now so if you not heading that way.
I know you were looking for a yearly cost for ZEO but I just haven't put it together yet.

If you want to do coffee in the evening sometime this week we can chat about everything you need.
Give me a call, You have my number right?

J