PDA

View Full Version : Globalfest, whose been?

OCDP
08-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Anybody been to Globalfest this year? I have gone to every show, and I must say.. it's impressive (the fireworks that is) . I would have to say that either Germany or Hong Kong has the win... I want Germany to win only because they put on a non-stop show. They did not let up, there was constant colour in the sky, no slowing down. Every other country had too many slow downs, and too many small fireworks (well, not really *small* .. but you get the point) The Germans had big bangs and big colour the entire set. Hong Kong had a decent display, but they may have won with their finale. It was pretty damn intense.

So, who else has been this year?

AJ_77
08-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Hong Kong had a decent display, but they may have won with their finale. It was pretty damn intense.
Hong Kong is the only night I saw this year - pretty intense fer sher - was it a lot different than last year when they won?

Seeing them all would be a blast. It's just a bear to get to from out here - about 3 hrs of travel time/buses to see a 30-min display. Would be a lot handier to live in that corner of the city.

Did you sit out on the point, below the tents?

Quagmire
08-26-2006, 11:18 PM
All I have to do is go outside for the fireworks
Not sure what I find more entertaining,the show or watching my cat freakout:lol:

Buccaneer
08-30-2006, 07:37 AM
The company I work for ( Trico Homes ) was the major sponsor this year :cool:

Went to the finals in our VIP tent and it was awesome :biggrin: ... never seen a fireworks display like that before