PDA

View Full Version : could use a little info

Godfry
08-24-2006, 12:56 AM
I have had my 60g FWLR tank for about 6 years, and It's been moved 4 times, Everything seems to be doing great. I still have a couple of the original fish when from when I started. But really, I know nothing about this hobby and the things going on in my tank. I just started visiting this site and its raising alot of questions. I use a fluval filter, a prizm skimmer and 55w fluorescent lights. (I clean the fluval 2 times a year if Im lucky). any way I was wondering what a flat worm was because I think I seen one the other day, and how do they negativaly afect your tank? I would like to put some pictures on here but I haven't figured out how to do that yet.:neutral:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Google flatworms or planaria. They are a small flat blob-like creature that can multiply into an epidemic & cover your sand, corals, glass very quickly. The red ones I think are the worse & they can kill off your corals when their numbers are too high. Any coral or frag from a flatworm infested tank needs to be freshwater dipped to knock off any flatworms. Flatworm Exit is the normal chemical treatment for killing these pests.

Anthony

muck
08-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Here is a pretty nice list of the more common hitchhikers in our tanks.
Flatworms is included.

http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm

EDIT: WELCOME to Canreef as well!!