PDA

View Full Version : Copperband feeding pics.

Doug
08-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Pics of my copperband feeding from his veggie clip. Its Manilla freshwater clams from SuperStore. He eats 1/day, plus at least 2 cubes of mysis. My percs also love the pieces of fresh clam.

Not sure how I could feed my tank any less, {another topic}. :smile:

muck
08-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Nice pics Doug.
Do you crack the clam in half before you clip it?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Sweet. They're such timid feeders that its good that you have it eating. Make sure you don't put in any fast aggressive eaters in the future.

Anthony

christyf5
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow, great pics! Makes me want a copperband (yet again :rolleyes: :razz:)

Beverly
08-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Great feeding tip for CBBs. Nice, healthy looking fish and great pics too :biggrin:

Doug
08-21-2006, 10:37 PM
Do you crack the clam in half before you clip it?

Yes. I keep them frozen & cut them in half with a good knife. Most of the meat usually stays on one side, but if not I just feed the halves.

This one is not to timid Anthony but your correct. They need good research at the lfs & their diet needs to be addressed. Mine is well over two years old now and swims in my fingers & eats from my hands.

As was posted on another thread though, they can be tough on clams& other stuff. I seen someone mention how they cleaned up all the pods & worms. I wonder, {besides the high current, bare bottom tank}, if my 4 yr. old mandarin started to lose weight because of that. We had to put him in Mike larger aquarium, to fatten him up again.

And thanks for the comments guys.

trilinearmipmap
08-21-2006, 11:52 PM
I am just feeding mine mysis. I feed it from a turkey baster so it gets enough and the tangs don't steal it all. In the past year I don't think it has grown much if any.

I might try feeding clams or mussels too, I am a bit concerned about adding too much nitrates/pollution to the tank though.

Doug
08-22-2006, 01:12 PM
The clams do seem to have their share of nutrients, at least by the look of my skimmer when feeding them.

Skimmerking
08-22-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes Doug the mandrin is doing great still as you properly noticed from being over at my house......

mwarf
08-22-2006, 07:34 PM
I too feed my CBB mysis with a turkey baster. I feed my other fish NLS pellets - my copperband won't take them but readily accepts mysis. YAY!