PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea ozone 200 Mg controller with probe

Skimmerking
08-21-2006, 04:06 AM
Ok I just got my Red sea Ozone fron a guy in the states 200 MG with probe and controller for 150 us regula 544 with taxes at J&L its the delux model.

THe only thing is how the heck do i hook it up. lol CAn any one tell me what i need.
Do I need a air pump?
does the hole from the skimmer go into the out or the in?
this is what i think you need a air pump and the pump goes into the in and then the out goes into the skimmer right?

SOme one help out a good looing army guy :wink:

Cazoom
08-21-2006, 04:27 AM
whan i run an airpump i get no skim mate....
when i just run the ozone into the skimmer air inlet... i get decent skim a little lighter but still get some....don't have a probe for my orp meter so not sure if i'm right but thats how i've been running last 6 months...

reeferaddict
08-21-2006, 05:28 AM
I have the same unit. Run your air pump through an air dryer and into the unit out to the skimmer... my skimmate production dropped a whole bunch too but the sludge that collects in the cup builds up way quicker, so I find that though I have to empty the collection vessel less frequently I have to clean the reaction chamber more...

Skimmerking
08-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Ok let me get this right then.
On the ozone there is a in / out connector.
and with that being said, starting from the air pump you should have air pushing in to the ozone on the inlet and a hose coming out of the ozone will be hooked up to the air dryer and then into the air hose for the skimmer right.

i hope that is right

oh ya my ozone i plugged it in to get a reading and my orp was 338 is that good and how much should i be startign out with on my tank.; I have a total of 235 gal 170 45 gal sump and a 20 gal refugium.
what reading should i be going off of ?
how high should i keep my controller at for a setting?

reeferaddict
08-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Dry the air BEFORE the ozone unit... the dryer the air, the more efficient the ozone going to the skimmer is...