PDA

View Full Version : Eibli Angel

Petcrazy
08-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has had the experience of keeping this species of dwarf angel?
I saw a super healthy Eibli in one of the local shops recently as I was getting some snails and hermit crabs for my 75 (yeh yeh I finally got a move on that setup...shush)
I just loooooooved the look of this angel, but rather than being an impulsive shopper I decided to leave it in the store and do some research first and found that it was generally easy for an angel.
Nothing surprising came up, usual care for dwarf angel....
But I always want to hear other people's experience.

I wanted to keep it in a 75 gallon reef tank but I know there is chance of nippyness. Your thoughts + experiences?

Willow
08-20-2006, 04:58 PM
totaly not reef safe. they will pick and nibble on coral.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-20-2006, 07:21 PM
I love the look of Eiblii's too but mine was a nipper. In my old tank, it even sampled my seahorse, which was grounds for eviction. My cherub was a much better angel, feisty but not harmful in any way.

Anthony

Petcrazy
08-21-2006, 01:00 AM
Alright thanks for the info guys, as I thought you can't always believe what you read..hence why I asked.
Shame, they are gorgeous...
So I will let that one go and admire the species from afar....

Or tear down my freshwater tank and make it a FOWLR tank hahahaha...

Willow
08-21-2006, 02:12 AM
there is a variety of mimic tang that looks very much like an eibli angel. they come in a few times a year.

Petcrazy
08-21-2006, 04:07 AM
I'll look into it, thanks a bunch.
Still wondering what I'm going to put in there, any suggestions?

Tom R
08-21-2006, 04:16 AM
Hi Petcrazy
It is great to see your back working on your tank.
Eibli angel's look great however if you are looking for a reef safe dwarf angel you can not beat the cherub, They have great colour and are always active. He will quickly become one of your favorites. You will have to drop over and see what I have done with my tanks, you will not recognize them.

Tom R

naesco
08-21-2006, 04:16 AM
I'll look into it, thanks a bunch.
Still wondering what I'm going to put in there, any suggestions?

Good advice on the angel but the Mimic that Willow suggests grows to ten inches.

Do you have Scott Michaels book? He has lots of suggestions for reef safe fish

Thanks
Wayne

Petcrazy
08-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Tom, hey!
Wow, but your tanks looked fabulous last time I saw them, I can't think of any ways you could have improved them.
Though sure thing, maybe next time Ivy, John and Callum go to visit I'll tag along :) I tend to get lost when I try to go places on my own...trust me.
Yeah, I think I'll stick with the cherub, I just love the yellow face :).
I was just hoping for one more variety or something...
I'm also wanting a tang...but I'll look into it more. I know everyone says the yellows its just I haven't been too fond of them, there are fish similar to them I like but them themselves...hmm...yet so many of them get so big.

Naesco thanks on the warning on that fish's possible length. Maybe when I have a much bigger tank.