PDA

View Full Version : live bears so many babies wat can I do?

saltwatermaniac
08-20-2006, 06:13 AM
I have got a community aquarium with platys,guppies,mollies,green spotted puffer,albino corydontus,and a columbian shark and i was wondering wat i could do with all the babies?

midgetwaiter
08-20-2006, 06:39 AM
The puffer will get them, it will also eventually kill everything else in your tank. I strongly suggest you go to www.thepufferforum.com and do some reading.

Funky_Fish14
08-20-2006, 07:57 AM
If you have a saltwater tank, you can take the tiny ones and feed your SW fish with them?

DBM
08-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but I thought it would be helpful if I mentioned you have a corydoras catfish (not corydontus) and the platys, mollies, and guppies are "live bearers" - not live bears.

Sorry, but when I saw the heading I had a chuckle.

As for your question, you'll have to set up a separate tank for the offspring otherwise the puffer and shark will eventually catch up with them.

saltwatermaniac
08-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks for that information I have got a smaller tank for the babies and that is wat I am talking about there are to many they are over taking both tanks my puffer or shark cant catch them becuase of this plant i have that takes over a quarter of my tank and I hate it becuase i have tio keep trimming this stupid ting back other wise it would have tookin over my whole tank...

pandafishowner
09-02-2006, 11:28 PM
can you remove the plant from the big tank and put it in the smaller tank for awhile so the fish in the big tank can eat the babies that are overtaking it?

saltwatermaniac
09-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Sadly no only a saltwater nano but i can always stick them into a bucket with water and a light.

Renegade
09-23-2006, 05:01 AM
what kind of babies ? you could always raise them and sell them to your LFS

saltwatermaniac
09-23-2006, 05:53 AM
They are platys, mollies , and guppies I am going to likely sell them to my LFS. But thank you for the good push.

JHG
10-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Don't expect to receive much from the LFS as the usually purchase these fish for peanuts. That said, if they are special varieties or WC stock then you can expect a bit more.