PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver attractions

shotzee
08-20-2006, 01:39 AM
I'm heading out to Vancouver next weekend and thought I would ask for the "most see" attractions that Vancouver has to offer. Its not hard to browse the tourism sites, but I figured that if I asked here I might find out about those not so advertised places to visit.

I have been to Vancouver a few times before, but our trips were so focused and short we didn't have much time to explore the area.

Thanks,
Rory

Samw
08-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Have you been to Garibaldi Lake? Its the best time of the year to visit. About 1.5 hours North of Vancouver.

http://static.flickr.com/94/215448559_0dabad752f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/samwongbc/sets/72157594238640851/)

psuedo
08-20-2006, 02:06 AM
well, if you have any kids then the PNE is a must see.Even if you don't have kids, it can still be a lot of fun. Concerts included in the price. Enjoy the rides and eat those mini Donuts

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-20-2006, 02:29 AM
Must see for free:

Lower Mainland sw LFS - J&L and OA

North Shore - Lynn Valley Suspension Bridge
Deep Cove - (canoeing & kayaking available if you want to rent) small coastal town 20 min. from Vancouver
Cypress Mt. - view of Lower Mainland from above

Squamish area - Shannon Falls
Black Tusk/Garibaldi Mt. (very long hike but worth it)
The Chief Mtn. (1.5-2 hrs climb)

White Rock/Crescent Beach (nice walk/pier/crabbing/excellent fish&chips)

Steveston - (weekends) fresh fish/shrimp off the boats/great fish&chips/ice cream

Vancouver - International Gelatios (over 100 flavours of freshly made ice cream) you can sample as many as you want
Stanley Park - beautiful drive around the park at night

Tank tour of some of the nicer local tanks - may be possible upon request :)

Feel free to contact me if you want/need a tour guide

Anthony 604-868-5553

Manny
08-20-2006, 02:35 AM
You all missed the best part! The Vancouver aquarium in Stanly Park... If you are into that sort of thing ;)

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Shotzee,

If you want to visit the Vancouver Aquarium, I have a 2 for 1 coupon in my Entertainment book you can use. I belong to the Vancouver Aquarist Hobbyist Club & we have our meetings in the Aquarium so I don't need the coupon.

Actually, you're welcome to any coupons that I'm not using.

Anthony

PS. Manny, I was just posting things he can do for free :)

shotzee
08-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Wow, that lake looks very nice. I guess I should mention that I am just going with my girlfriend. We are both 22 years old and I should also mention that I don't have kids, although it isn't a stretch for me at times. We will be there for 3 days and staying in the Sheraton. We will be without a car so most transport will be either public transport or taxi I imagine.

Keep the suggestions coming...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-20-2006, 03:28 AM
PM sent.