PDA

View Full Version : My Yellow Tang is picking on my new Fox Face

safety4fire
08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I purchased a Fox Face yesterday from BA's in Edmonton, I brought it home and of course it went into camouflage mode, as soon as it found a place to hide my Yellow Tang started to harass it, the Fox face is bigger than the tang and just stayed on the bottom of the tank in the corner as the Tang would push its self against it, The yellow tang has two white prongs on it's tail, I am assuming it was trying to poke these at the Fox Face. This morning the Fox Face is still in camouflage mode on the bottom of my tank in a corner.

Do you think I made a bad choice putting him in my tank with my Yellow Tang, or will it just take some time to adjust?

StirCrazy
08-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I purchased a Fox Face yesterday from BA's in Edmonton, I brought it home and of course it went into camouflage mode, as soon as it found a place to hide my Yellow Tang started to harass it, the Fox face is bigger than the tang and just stayed on the bottom of the tank in the corner as the Tang would push its self against it, The yellow tang has two white prongs on it's tail, I am assuming it was trying to poke these at the Fox Face. This morning the Fox Face is still in camouflage mode on the bottom of my tank in a corner.

Do you think I made a bad choice putting him in my tank with my Yellow Tang, or will it just take some time to adjust?

I am pretty sure once the foxface gets used to the suroundings the tang will be a little more cautious

Steve

Chin_Lee
08-19-2006, 03:58 PM
I am pretty sure once the foxface gets used to the suroundings the tang will be a little more cautious

Steve

yeah once the foxface starts to threaten to retaliate with its venomous fins, the yellow will be subdued very quickly. to help it along with this process, see if you can catch the yellow tang and put him in a quarantine tank for a few days

i have crabs
08-20-2006, 01:03 AM
i had a foxface and a yellow tang in a 130g,the yellow tang bossed him around and bullied him quite often,after about 6 months i woke up one day and my foxface was beaten almost to death and died the next day,im almost certian it was the tang who did it.either way i wouldnt keep them together its not a good combo and they wont live together forever.

EmilyB
08-20-2006, 03:51 AM
My yellow tang and foxface became the best of pals. The foxface has spines, if you have a healthy fox it will stand up to the tang just fine.

i have crabs
08-20-2006, 04:13 AM
every time yellowtang would go after my foxface he would aim his spines toward the tang and even if the ran into eachother the tang wouldnt even slow down,also if by some fluke it did stick the tang you would still have a dead tang.

safety4fire
08-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Strange, they are now swiming around the tank like best buds, and the fox face has now returned to yellow.

bnhreef
08-20-2006, 05:17 AM
Wheeuuuuuhhhhhh

EmilyB
08-20-2006, 08:22 AM
I hope they have fun together. I still miss Foxy, but she just got too big for even a six foot tank.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/SpiffandFox.jpg