PDA

View Full Version : threads getting closed awfull fast thease days..

StirCrazy
09-24-2002, 09:03 PM
It is a pitty that the threads are getting closed before they should... aside from today’s posts there has been good information coming out and some very valid points... I realize as with any hobby/passion there are going to be opinions on both sides of the fence and no one is going to change there views... and thee are the people who are sitting on the fence looking for valid points on both sides, but as long as people are discussing there views and no one is threatening or such.. Why close it?

When a thread like that gets closed that has moderator participation and then it gets closed it looks like it was closed because the Mod's didn't agree with what is being said... I know this isn't the reason it was closed as most of the mod's here like to roll up the sleeves and make there views known as much as anyone else :D

I do relize that posts get made that have no bering or do not contribute to the topic at all (and I am guilty of that as are a lot of others ;) ) but instead of shutting down the thread maby we could ask the people who do this to edit there post or if they still don't remove it from the thread. Not realy censorship in my opinion as the post didn't contribute anyways.

I just feel that it is a shame that a thread gets shut down while new info and opinions are still being addressed.

Steve

Doug
09-24-2002, 10:10 PM
Steve, how do you figure personal attacks are contributing to the thread?

How is that contibuting to new aquarists, looking for info? Its you guys that could not keep it on track that got it closed. I asked nice, for the personal remarks to be left out, and keep to the subject.

Please read it again. Even on another board it would have been closed long before we did.

It was closed because of that, personal attacks, and BEFORE it got worse, which is where it was heading. Period. This was decided by more than one moderator.

I was the one that closed it because I was on it at the time. If someone has a problem with any decisions I made, then please contact me or Titus. Or if you wish, you can have my moderators position.

I for one, am fed up with the crap on some of the boards. We are trying to keep Canreef from heading there and to keep it a good reefing board, not a mud slinging debate. I said never again after RC, but here I am again, up to my neck in poo-poo.

Except for one place I know, please show me where this thread would have been allowed to continue.

[ 24 September 2002, 18:11: Message edited by: Doug ]

AJ_77
09-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Or if you wish, you can have my moderators position. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know the offer wasn't made to me, but:
Hee-heeee, not for a million bucks!!! Doug, I applaud you for your discretion and dedication, and for knowing when to call a discussion a scrap. This can't be easy, and it is important to try to keep this board civil. There are indeed other places to go to be a jackass.

Nothing aimed at you there, Steve. ;) :D tongue.gif (Is that enough smilies??)

Happy reefing,

Alan ;)

[ 24 September 2002, 19:01: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

titus
09-24-2002, 11:38 PM
Hello,

Steve, there's plenty of opportunity for good discussions here. Just a thread is closed doesn't mean the end. That thread did have good comments and I hate to see it go off course but off course it did in certain replies on the thread.

Titus

StirCrazy
09-24-2002, 11:53 PM
No Problem Doug, i even said there were a few offf comments in that one. don't mean to rial anyone up.. I wasn't specificaly talking about that thread per say but in general.. guess my wording and timing made it look like I was refering specificaly to that one..

as for a mod position.. naaa I wouldent want it.. my beilef is that a Mod is like a judge.. impartial and I wouldent be able to stay impartial :D :D

Steve

[ 24 September 2002, 19:54: Message edited by: StirCrazy ]

Samw
09-25-2002, 01:57 AM
Steve. You'd do fine as a moderator. We always need different opinions to balance things out. I don't think I've seen you go off the wall. Maybe I just haven't read all of your threads. :D

Aquattro
09-25-2002, 02:12 AM
Sam, you need to read all his threads. He's the biggest trouble maker here!!

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Reef_Raf:
Sam, you need to read all his threads. He's the biggest trouble maker here!!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">See now thats what I am talking about.. has no bearing on this thread.. that would be like me telling everyone you sleep with you fish smile.gif

Steve

Aquattro
09-25-2002, 02:49 AM
Unless you have pictures, I didn't do it!!

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Reef_Raf:
Unless you have pictures, I didn't do it!!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do have the new Camera with the zoom lense ;)

Steve

Samw
09-25-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by StirCrazy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Reef_Raf:
Unless you have pictures, I didn't do it!!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I do have the new Camera with the zoom lense ;)

Steve</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, but can you sing? And hey, did you hear Keiko is now free?

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 02:58 AM
LMAO

Steve

Aquattro
09-25-2002, 03:00 AM
Steve, you should be a mod..then you could move this to the lounge.

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 03:01 AM
ya.. I guess this has turned int a lounge thing hasn't it hehe

Steve

Samw
09-25-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by StirCrazy:
ya.. I guess this has turned int a lounge thing hasn't it hehe

Steve<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I like the Pan Pacific myself. But I hear you get great mileage with the Honda Insight.

[ 24 September 2002, 23:18: Message edited by: Sam W ]

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 03:31 AM
Steve...will you be able to get rid of the body hair....... :rolleyes:

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 10:26 AM
my beard??? :eek: never!

;)

Steve