PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my coral beauty...

MikeP
08-18-2006, 04:50 AM
I bought a coral beauty a little while ago and I'm not sure about what to feed him. I have been using spectrum optimum flakes for all of my fish since I started the tank. I have never seen him eat when I put it in. I have seen him pick off of the rocks though but I'm not sure if he is actually eating anything. Is the coral beauty typically a picky eater? What else can I buy for food? Some kind of pellets?

Thanks for any help.

Palster
08-18-2006, 05:01 AM
My Coral Beauty hid in the rocks and was quite shy for the first couple of days after I put him in the tank but after that he became very active and eats pretty much anything I put in the tank including enriched Brine Shrimp, Mysis Shrimp and Krill (I prefer to feed frozen foods). He even picks at the Nori on the veggie clip sometimes when my Tang and Foxface aren't tearing it to shreds. I think they make a frozen Angelfish food but I have never tried feeding it.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-18-2006, 05:37 AM
Mysis shrimp is a favourite food of these fish, IME. Mine also pigs out on New Life Spectrum pellets.

Anthony

fishspun
08-18-2006, 05:40 AM
Your fish sounds similar to one I have. I got mine eating by using an elastic band and tie a small piece of dried seaweed to some rock rubble to get mine to eat. Just leave it in a consistent spot where you know it visits during its usual swim. Goodluck.

reeferaddict
08-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Just use a variety when feeding, flake, frozen, pellets, cyclopeze, mysis etc and it will start to eat - mine eats like a pig when I do feed, but it picks off the rocks too.